• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bethune Cookman game

Started by covufan, November 24, 2012, 01:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

I don't think Bethune Cookman will be as up tempo as last night.  We should control the boards again.

Valpo  78
Beth-Cook 61

HC

Like the score prediction.
$40 gets you 4 tickets and $20 in consessions. I'd like to add I think the consessions area are much improved this year.

valpo4life

I believe that the concessions this year are now ran by Valpo's Dining Services compared to the baseball team I believe ran it in previous years. But if that's what they are offering for tonight's game people would be dumb not to make it out

vu84v2

Valpo 74  Bethune Cookman 65   Closer game than expected.

Valpo89

Quote from: valpo4life on November 24, 2012, 02:39:24 PM
I believe that the concessions this year are now ran by Valpo's Dining Services compared to the baseball team I believe ran it in previous years. But if that's what they are offering for tonight's game people would be dumb not to make it out
There may be a few people who might be staying home to watch a little college football game with national title implications.

bbtds

Screw ND!

http://www.notredamesucks.org/whyndsucks.html

Bethune Cookman   57
Valpo                  60   

valpotx

We will shoot much better, and our inside game will take us to the win.  In regards to the concession stands, it is good to hear that they have more of a 'professional' team working them now.  While I enjoyed working them with my teammates while in college, we probably ate quite a bit of the profits  :).

Valpo 76
Bethune Cookman 61

Also, it looks like the video will be working today!  I just pulled up the link, and it has the HL logo floating around ready for the game to start.

"Don't mess with Texas"

chef

I'm told the HLN stream is fixed for tonight's game.

slickdaddy

who schedules the games?
our home schedule is terrible.
no games of any interest until maybe detroit.
non conference home games are all against low caliber teams

bbtds

We're currently getting sound from the ARC on the HLN so tell everyone not to be vulgar.  :)

No video yet.

bbtds

Quote from: slickdaddy on November 24, 2012, 06:13:41 PM
who schedules the games?
Please read this thread
http://www.valpofanzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=924.10
so you get caught up on what has already been discussed about the schedule. I'm sure that you'll find that many posters agree with your sentiments.

valpo4life

Quote from: slickdaddy on November 24, 2012, 06:13:41 PM
who schedules the games?

Good road games look better on resumes, which is something we are trying to build this year for a possible at-large bid. Whereas next season, a lot of those games will be at home with a less experienced team. I think it was actually an excellent job of scheduling

slickdaddy

Smj

Ryan is playing out of his mind....  Very fun to watch...   

Lets just not let BCU chip away at our lead

oklahomamick

I would like to see bobby and Fernandez together on the court.  Fernandez the 5 and bobby the 4. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valporun

That would be nice to see Oklahoma, but we need some guards who can play disciplined ball control to help get them the ball regularly.

LaPorteAveApostle

Yeah...too many TOs for even my taste.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

Smj

Got to protect the ball better (just under 20 turnovers for the night i think)...   However this was a very physical game and there are bound to be more turnovers by us and more fouls on them.

All-in-all they looked very good tonight.   I really like most of what saw.   they play better when they are enjoying them selves.   One more thought - refs were a bit off tonight

(new video was played -Buggs video but the sound was difficult to hear so i am looking forward to it being uploaded to you tube.)

Valpo2010

I'm waiting for truth219 to say he wasn't impressed by Rowdy tonight....

HC

They have played that video several times. It's a good video, but you are correct the sound is tough to understand.

truth219

Happy with what I saw...three things I didn't like
1 there is no sense in pump faking on wide open 3 pointers...that is so annoying we pass it around the arc and get wide open looks and just pump fake and pass...it gets old
2 turnovers against lousey opponents
3 defense...our defense is sub par...I don't think we defend well as a unit

valpopal

I thought the game was great for showing once again what Ryan is capable of doing. His first half was something special to observe. At times, it even seemed the other players were amazed by his performance. I thought it was good that Bobby played limited minutes, perhaps not wise for him to go two full games back to back this soon back from surgery, and he seemed not quite as strong. However, that also could have been due to the Samson effect, since he obviously had a shave and haircut between the two weekend games.  ;)

Some of the photos I took at the game:

valpopal

Oh, and I snapped this picture of a happy group of guys on my way out after the game. Let's hope the team will be celebrating with another tournament trophy at the ARC in March!

bbtds

I hope somebody at Nebraska bought that trophy.

Smj

BTW - love going to the ARC for a game.  Not quite the same though without the student section.  Still pretty loud a few times.   (strange that the Buggs video is not available on YouTube yet)

Valpopal - your photography is excellent!!!

:-)