• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponents' scoreboard

Started by bbtds, November 27, 2012, 02:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chef

Davidson and Valpo will have very simliar RPI's if both win their conference tournaments. Better safe than sorry, If I'm a Valpo fan, I'm rooting against Davidson. Trying to project the difference between a 13 seed and 14 seed is really a crapshoot. Davidson, Valpo, SF Austin and even Bucknell could go either way. Everybody's rooting for Murray St. tomorrow....unless you're a bubble team.

bbtds

3/9/13 Saturday

Georgia Southern       59
Davidson                    86

LaSalle                       54
Saint Louis                 78

Northern Illinois         51
Ball State                   53

Nebraska                   60
Iowa                          74

New Mexico                88
Air Force                     89

Wright State               56
Detroit                        54

IUPUI                          49
South Dakota State    66

Murray State               68
Belmont                      70

Chicago State             71
Houston Baptist          58

Green Bay                   69-69-69-69-69   just in case you missed it    69
Valpo                           70-70-70-70-70                                              70

3/10/13 Sunday - all times EDT

Fort Wayne vs Oakland (at Sioux Falls, SD) 7:00 p.m.

Teams to root against

3/9/13 Saturday

Georgia Southern               59
Davidson                            86

Army                                   70
Bucknell                             78

Murray State                      68
Belmont                             70

Louisiana Tech                   54
Denver                                78

Texas A&M-Corpus Christi   49
Stephen F Austin                58

Louisiana-Lafayette            66
Middle Tennessee State    81

agibson

Quote from: bbtds on March 09, 2013, 12:28:25 AMKent                           68
Akron                         64

And here I'm all excited.  Of course, Akron's first tournament game isn't until _next_ Friday.

historyman

Quote from: agibson on March 09, 2013, 12:40:24 PM
Quote from: bbtds on March 09, 2013, 12:28:25 AMKent                           68
Akron                         64
And here I'm all excited.  Of course, Akron's first tournament game isn't until _next_ Friday.

Yes, but a win for Kent and a loss for Akron are good things for Valpo as far as the selection committee is concerned. Of course, a MAC tourney loss for Akron would be even better.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

I on the Relevant Conference Tournaments
Skipping the 1st round and/or play-in games
Saturday, March 9
Team in bold is the team to root for

OVC
#1 Belmont
#2 Murray State SCREW YOU MURRAY STATE YOU MANAGE A GAME LIKE RAY MCCALLUM

WCC
#1 Gonzaga
#9 Loyola Marymount

#6 San Diego
#2 St. Mary's

MVC
#1 Creighton
#5 Indiana State

#6 Illinois State
#2 Wichita State

Patriot
#1 Bucknell
#4 Army

#3 Lehigh
#2 Lafayette HUZZAH!  NOW BEAT BUCKNELL!!!

Sun Belt
#1 Middle Tenn St
#8 UL-Lafayette

SoCon
#1 Davidson
#9 Ga Southern

America East
#1 Stony Brook
#8 Binghamton

Summit
#1 S Dak St
#8 IUPUI

#3 Western Ill
#6 S Dak
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

3/10/13 Sunday

Fort Wayne      91                     at Sioux Falls, SD
Oakland           72

3/11/13 Monday - all times EDT

Northern Illinois at Eastern Michigan 7:00 p.m.

Teams to root against

3/10/13 Sunday

Appalachian State            62             at Asheville, NC
Davidson                         65

Florida International         61            at Hot Springs, AR
Middle Tennessee State  57

bbtds

Appalachian St leads Davidson by 2 at half in a SoCon semifinal game from Asheville, NC

EDIT: Appy St loses by three to Davidson

2nd EDIT: This game looks a lot better for Valpo,
                 FL Intn'l leads Mid Tenn by 9 at half in the Sun Belt semifinal at Hot Springs, AR

ValpoHoops

Big one giong on in the Sun Belt...six minutes left and Middle Tennessee State is down nine! They are RPI #21 (probably an at-large), but if they lose, that will shift us up a spot on the S-Curve....GO FIU!

(Edit: Sorry bbtds...didn't see your edit first...)

chef

Watching on the Sun Belt Network. Would move Valpo up to a 13 in most projections in FIU hangs on.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: chef on March 10, 2013, 08:26:35 PM
Watching on the Sun Belt Network. Would move Valpo up to a 13 in most projections in FIU hangs on.

For any interested:

http://www.sunbeltondemand.com/#!/view/video/ca403fbd-cc02-4620-97d6-709c7f38bc50/Middle-Tennessee-vs-FIU

ValpoHoops

FIU 61
MTSU 57

Thank you for playing!

valpo4life

Caught the end of that one on espn3 actually. And man did the refs miss a terrible travel by FIU with about 25 seconds left! Good to see this upset, not so good for teams sitting on the bubble.

agibson

Nice!  I think Lunardi has MTSU on the Bubble.  But, whoever gets the auto-bid should definitely be below us.

Let's get another one or two, for some breathing room!

truth219

Something tells me by the time the majors get done with their tournaments, middle tenn will be off the bubble

LaPorteAveApostle

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?id=330692619

stony brook goes down.  another competitor bites the homeric dust...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

ValpoHoops

Love it when the teams wearing the dark unis win this time of year  :thumbsup:

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 10, 2013, 09:28:42 PMstony brook goes down.  another competitor bites the homeric dust...

Nice!  We were _probably_ past them anyway, I'd think.  But, it doesn't hurt to remove a little competition.

ValpoHoops

At the half in Sioux Falls, SD:

UMKC (8-23, 5-11, RPI #283)     22
N. Dakota State (22-8, 12-4, RPI #77)     19

Would be another team "close" to us in RPI that we would "get rid of" having to worry about. SDSU is #76 and plays IPFW in the semis tomorrow.

valpo4life

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 10, 2013, 09:33:46 PM

And in this case, Albany was playing AT HOME against the #1 seed in the semifinals. This makes zero sense to me.  :crazy:

ValpoHoops

Quote from: valpo4life on March 10, 2013, 09:48:33 PM
Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 10, 2013, 09:33:46 PM

And in this case, Albany was playing AT HOME against the #1 seed in the semifinals. This makes zero sense to me.  :crazy:

Predetermined site. Albany plays at the Pepsi Center (I think that's what its called). A large arena...they've hosted NCAA first/second rounds in the past there. It's a home game, but a single site tournament.

valpo4life

But the final for that conference is hosted by the highest seed remaining. I don't know, I just don't like having all the pre-finals rounds at one site and then move to wherever. If you are going to pick a single site then stay there throughout the whole tournament.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: valpo4life on March 10, 2013, 10:16:08 PM
But the final for that conference is hosted by the highest seed remaining. I don't know, I just don't like having all the pre-finals rounds at one site and then move to wherever. If you are going to pick a single site then stay there throughout the whole tournament.

Agree 1000%. They move in case someone other than the host is playing so they can get the best crowd possible. Think if WSU/UWGB would be playing on Tuesday at the ARC how bad the crowd might be...so they move on.

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 10, 2013, 10:20:06 PM
Quote from: valpo4life on March 10, 2013, 10:16:08 PM

Agree 1000%. They move in case someone other than the host is playing so they can get the best crowd possible. Think if WSU/UWGB would be playing on Tuesday at the ARC how bad the crowd might be...so they move on.

Great point...a WSU/GB final at the ARC would have been horrible for the HL on ESPN.

bbtds

3/11/13 Monday

Northern Illinois          44
Eastern Michigan        45

Fort Wayne                 56       Summit League Tourney played at Sioux Falls Arena, SD
South Dakota State    72       (will include South Dakota State in "Teams to root against" section)

3/12/13 Tuesday - all times EDT

Coppin State vs Bethune-Cookman (at Norfolk) 4:00 p.m.
*Wright State at Valpo 9:00 p.m. #1 seed host of HL championship game

Teams to root against

3/11/13 Monday

Charleston      55                      at Asheville, NC
Davidson        74

Outside of their NCAA tournament games, one of the biggest games St. Mary's will ever play is against Gonzaga tonight for the WCC championship at 9:00 p.m. EDT at Las Vegas. Obviously win or lose Gonzaga is in but St. Mary's chance at the Big Dance at 27-5 could ride on this game.

When a new trucking company opened up on the east coast they were asked by one of their new shippers if they could deliver from the east coast to the west coast in 24 hours. The new trucking company's response was the same as their name: Norfolk and Way

bbtds

3/12/13 Tuesday

Coppin State             78  (MEAC 1st round at Norfolk)
Bethune-Cookman     89

Wright State               54    (HL championship at Valpo)
Valpo                 62

3/13/13 Wednesday - all times EDT

Bethune-Cookman at Norfolk State(16-0 in MEAC) 6:00 p.m. (MEAC 2nd round at Norfolk)

Teams to root against     

3/12/13 Tuesday

North Dakota State          67     (Summit League championship at Sioux Falls Arena, SD)
South Dakota State         73

3/13/13 Wednesday - all times EDT

Lafayette at Bucknell (Patriot League championship at #1 seed) 7:30 p.m.