• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Opponents' scoreboard

Started by bbtds, November 27, 2012, 02:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValpoHoops

Quote from: StlVUFan on March 17, 2013, 01:20:44 AM
Quote from: wh on March 16, 2013, 11:17:21 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on March 16, 2013, 11:09:46 PM
I must say, I find this talk of San Jose very distressing.  I'll have you know I have my heart set on driving to the venue.

Just a leisurely 2100 mile drive from St. Louis, but you may wanna get started pretty soon.  ;)
If it doesn't break the bank, I would obviously be flying.

KANSAS CITY!  KANSAS CITY!  KANSAS CITY!

Wedding Crashers
Dayton, Auburn Hills or Lexington!

bbtds

3/17/13 Sunday

Virginia Commonwealth  56          (A-10 Championship at Brooklyn 1:00 p.m. EDT CBS)
Saint Louis                      62

bbtds

Quote from: StlVUFan on March 16, 2013, 11:09:46 PM
I must say, I find this talk of San Jose very distressing.  I'll have you know I have my heart set on driving to the venue.

I can't believe nobody said this:

Do You KNow the Way to San Jose by Dionne Warwick

wh

Quote from: bbtds on March 17, 2013, 04:52:33 AM
3/17/13 Sunday

Virginia Commonwealth  56          (A-10 Championship at Brooklyn 1:00 p.m. EDT CBS)

St. Louis won the A-10 league and tournament championships, has won 15 of their last 16 games, has an RPI of 16, and is projected as a 4 seed.  We would have had no idea at the time, but as it turns out our 13-point loss at their place was anything but a bad loss.

StlVUFan

Quote from: wh on March 17, 2013, 03:36:05 PM
Quote from: bbtds on March 17, 2013, 04:52:33 AM
3/17/13 Sunday

St. Louis won the A-10 league and tournament championships, has won 15 of their last 16 games, has an RPI of 16, and is projected as a 4 seed.  We would have had no idea at the time, but as it turns out our 13-point loss at their place was anything but a bad loss.

I saw 5 games at Chaifetz Arena this year, and I think ours was the closest of the 5 (closer than Butler, VCU, Dayton, and USC Upstate)

agibson

Anyone going to fire this up for the post-season?

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on March 19, 2013, 03:27:40 PM
Anyone going to fire this up for the post-season?

What teams should we be following now? Following our opponents doesn't seem relevant because the RPI doesn't effect the tournament anymore. If you're set on following our opponents just because we have been following them all year I will do it. None of our regular season opponents are playing on Tuesday/tonight.

ValpoHoops

Perhaps just the Horizon League scores?

LaPorteAveApostle

bbtds, you have to fire it up again...because how else will Chicago State fans know how they are doing in the CIT?

(they all come here since they don't have their own boards.)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

3/19/13 Tuesday

Eastern Kentucky      69          (CIT 1st round 7:00 p.m.)
Gardner-Webb          62

Oakland                     87          (CIT 1st round 7:05 p.m.)
Youngstown State      99

ValpoHoops

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 19, 2013, 04:24:33 PM(they all come here since they don't have their own boards.)

Both of them?

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

FYI, The CollegeInsider.com games are streamed free if you sign up at (guess where) CollegeInsider.com. You must sign up and give them your name, address & e-mail address. I'm currently watching the Oakland at YSU game which is at halftime.

EDIT: I received this notification in an e-mail:

Please note that 12, 4, and 1-month subscriptions packages will automatically renew for your convenience at the end of their term. You may cancel at any time by contacting Customer Service or visiting the My Accounts page.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service team.

So make sure to cancel your subscription on time.

agibson

Quote from: bbtds on March 19, 2013, 04:03:01 PMWhat teams should we be following now? Following our opponents doesn't seem relevant because the RPI doesn't effect the tournament anymore. If you're set on following our opponents just because we have been following them all year I will do it.

I probably am still curious about our opponents, for old times' sake.  The Horizon League teams especially, of course.  With all of the seeding discussion, I'll certainly also follow the 12's, 13's, and 14's, and anyone they kicked into the NIT in their conference tournaments.

Not that you need to post all of that!  But, I probably have more of a rooting interest in the above than in the 1-4 NCAA seeds.

agibson

Wow.  YSU with a season high for scoring.

Going to break 100!  (Well, almost.)

I guess we can console ourselves with the notion that YSU's playing at home?

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on March 19, 2013, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: bbtds on March 19, 2013, 04:03:01 PMWhat teams should we be following now? Following our opponents doesn't seem relevant because the RPI doesn't effect the tournament anymore. If you're set on following our opponents just because we have been following them all year I will do it.

I probably am still curious about our opponents, for old times' sake.  The Horizon League teams especially, of course.  With all of the seeding discussion, I'll certainly also follow the 12's, 13's, and 14's, and anyone they kicked into the NIT in their conference tournaments.

Not that you need to post all of that!  But, I probably have more of a rooting interest in the above than in the 1-4 NCAA seeds.

So these teams:

Akron
Boise State
California
Davidson
Harvard
La Salle
Mississippi
Montana
New Mexico State
Northwestern State
Oregon
South Dakota State
Valparaiso

Chicago State
Detroit
Eastern Kentucky
Green Bay
Illinois-Chicago
Kent State
Oakland
Saint Louis
Wright State
Youngstown State

Denver
Louisiana Tech
Norfolk State
Ohio
Stephen F. Austin
Stony Brook

Are there any other teams I should add?

agibson

What service!  Sounds like you have a script that does some of the grunt work?

bbtds

Quote from: agibson on March 19, 2013, 11:11:39 PM
What service!  Sounds like you have a script that does some of the grunt work?

Ancient Chinese secret.   :lol:   :lol:

bbtds

3/20/13 Wednesday

Stony Brook         71          NIT 1st round 7:15 p.m. EDT ESPN 3
Massachusetts    58

Detroit                 68           NIT 1st round 10:00 p.m. EDT ESPNU
Arizona State      83

Tulsa                   52          CBI 1st round 7:00 p.m. EDT           
Wrrrright State    72

Fairfield               71          CIT 1st round 7:00 p.m. EDT
Kent State           73

Green Bay           69          CIT 1st round 8:00 p.m. EDT
Bradley               75

Chicago State      69          CIT 1st round 8:00 p.m. EDT
Illinois-Chicago     80

bbtds

3/21/13 Thursday

Valpo                        54          NCAA 2nd round 12:15 p.m. EDT Auburn Hills, MI CBS
Michigan State          65

New Mexico State     44          NCAA 2nd round 2:10 p.m. EDT San Jose TNT
Saint Louis                64

Davidson                   58          NCAA 2nd round 3:10 p.m. EDT Lexington TRUE
Marquette                 59

Oregon                      68          NCAA 2nd round 4:40 p.m. EDT San Jose TNT
Oklahoma State        55

South Dakota State   56          NCAA 2nd round 7:15 p.m. EDT Auburn Hills, MI CBS
Michigan                     71

California                   64          NCAA 2nd round 7:27 p.m. EDT San Jose TRUE
Nev.-Las Vegas          61

Akron                         42          NCAA 2nd round 9:45 p.m. EDT Auburn Hills, MI CBS
Virginia Comm.           88

Harvard                      68          NCAA 2nd round 9:50 p.m. EDT Salt Lake City TNT
New Mexico                62

Montana                     34          NCAA 2nd round 9:57 p.m. EDT San Jose TRUE
Syracuse                    81

Denver                       52          NIT 2nd round 7:00 p.m. EDT College Park, MD ESPNU
Maryland                    62

VULB#62

Quote from: bbtds on March 20, 2013, 11:41:51 PM
3/21/13 Thursday

Valpo                        54        :(  Lost by 11      NCAA 2nd round 12:15 p.m. EDT Auburn Hills, MI CBS
Michigan State          65

New Mexico State     44       ;)  STL by 20 - we lost by 13 earlier    NCAA 2nd round 2:10 p.m. EDT San Jose TNT
Saint Louis                64

Davidson                   58     :-[  gave it away     NCAA 2nd round 3:10 p.m. EDT Lexington TRUE
Marquette                 59

Oregon                      68          NCAA 2nd round 4:40 p.m. EDT San Jose TNT
Oklahoma State        55

South Dakota State   56     ;) SDSU lost by 15      NCAA 2nd round 7:15 p.m. EDT Auburn Hills, MI CBS
Michigan                     71

;) 
California                   64          NCAA 2nd round 7:27 p.m. EDT San Jose TRUE
Nev.-Las Vegas          61

Akron                         42      ???  How can you lose by 46?     NCAA 2nd round 9:45 p.m. EDT Auburn Hills, MI CBS
Virginia Comm.           88

Harvard                      68     :o  Hahvid used a 4 guard offense     NCAA 2nd round 9:50 p.m. EDT Salt Lake City TNT
New Mexico                62

Montana                     34    :-[ they lost by more (47) than Akron scored (42) in their entire game!      NCAA 2nd round 9:57 p.m. EDT San Jose TRUE
Syracuse                    81

Denver                       52          NIT 2nd round 7:00 p.m. EDT College Park, MD ESPNU
Maryland                    62

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 22, 2013, 07:02:58 AMMontana                     34    

Yeah, they totally deserved THAT seed

*grinds teeth

atkins

I thought we deserved a higher seed than Harvard, but I was completely wrong.  I suppose we're lucky we did not play Harvard. 

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: atkins on March 22, 2013, 09:25:32 AMI thought we deserved a higher seed than Harvard, but I was completely wrong.

I don't know...it's all matchups at this point.  certainly we match up better with UNM than MSU.