• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Tennis schedules out

Started by Enrico Palazzo, December 07, 2012, 07:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enrico Palazzo

The men go back to Kissimmee, Florida over spring break.  Other schedule highlights include Big Ten teams Purdue and Northwestern.

The women will go out to Flagstaff, Arizona during their spring break trip to play Portland St & Northern Arizona U.  They'll also play Marquette of the Big East on February 17th. 

http://www.valpoathletics.com/mtennis/news/2012-13/12243/2013-tennis-schedules-released/

VULB#62

If the planned field house will be like most I've seen, the inner area surrounded by the track will have multiple use courts on a multi-sport surface.  Tennis will have a winter home there.  Netting will contain the little flying yellow missiles.  I coached baseball and football for a couple of years many years back at Concordia College in Bronxville (now called Concordia NY).  At the time it was still a JUCO.  They built an indoor, tennis-only facility attached to the gym -- within two years they were in the national championship playoff conversation.  I would have to believe that if the planned field house includes tennis facilities, VU tennis would have the potential of being very competitive. 

Speaking of the field house, I recall one poster mentioning that swimming would move to new facilities there as well.  Is that in the plans?  Be great if it was.  The current pool opened in the 1962--64 timeframe as I recall -- that's 50 years!  Of course some Roman baths are still operating and are two millennia old, but the Romans didn't have to do flip turns or worry about splash-back.