• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Horizon League will expand next year

Started by bbtds, January 06, 2013, 12:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

The president of Wright State University was interviewed at halftime of the Milwaukee at Wright State game yesterday/Saturday, 1/5/13, and he stated that the Horizon League would be expanding, that it would be announced in March and that all the fans would be pleasantly surprised by the new universities coming into the league. That game was televised on the CW channel in Dayton.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: bbtds on January 06, 2013, 12:02:38 PM
The president of Wright State University was interviewed at halftime of the Milwaukee at Wright State game yesterday/Saturday, 1/5/13, and he stated that the Horizon League would be expanding, that it would be announced in March and that all the fans would be pleasantly surprised by the new universities coming into the league. That game was televised on the CW channel in Dayton.

i don't suppose he dropped any hints as to who it would be, did he? oh well, fingers crossed that it's not any of the iu or pu extension schools....

bbtds

The term pleasantly surprised has me convinced that it won't be IUPUI or IPFW. I'm pretty sure Oakland will be included.

Valposter

Did he for sure say "universities" as in plural?  I'm hoping plural if it is the right schools.  I feel Oakland is a certainty.  Hoping for either Murray State, Belmont, or Evansville also.  Nashville would be a great market.  Evansville a great rivalry.   
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

Valposter

Does anyone have more specifics about HL expansion and this referenced announcement?
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!