• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Notre who?

Started by historyman, January 08, 2013, 04:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Anybody think Te'o should have won the Heisman Trophy now?

You really have to wonder about Notre Dame's selection in the BCS championship game now. They just weren't ready to play. Even if Alabama was just too good the Irish should have been more prepared to make a game out of it instead of falling flat on their faces. What a boring national championship!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

I never thought that ND stood a chance against Alabama, so nothing surprised me in the result
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

Spot-on H-man.  They may have been ready, but they weren't prepared. 

Coaching football at any level is like Chinese cooking.  It takes 2-4 hours (and sometimes longer) to prepare all the ingredients, then 15 minutes to do the cooking.  Case in point:  The Packers took the ND approach in the final game of the season -- loss.  But they REALLY prepared for AP in the playoff game and got a good result.  We are a bi-couple here so we both cross over: PATS (me) and the PACK (she), so it will also be interesting to see how well the Pats are prepared for a team they killed the first time around.

LaPorteAveApostle

As a Michigan Man, I saw both teams play my team this year, so I knew it was going to turn out that way.  I mean if Denard throws even one fewer pick, ND doesn't even play in that game anyway.

(The mayor of Tuscaloosa tweeted during the game "They kept saying ND had an SEC-caliber defense.  Who knew they meant Kentucky?")

At least UM did one point better than ND.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vuweathernerd

roll tide!!! suck it irish!! i loved seeing their ego shoved right back down their throats and their 'vaunted defense' that didn't really play anybody special and had proven nothing.

Valposter

I bet a lot of folks in Cincinnati didn't shed any tears for Mr. Brian (I'm going to leave right before the UC/Florida BCS Orange Bowl without telling my players in person) Kelly.  It's called Karma aka "what comes around goes around".   :o
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

Valposter

Quote from: Valposter on January 09, 2013, 02:53:52 PMI bet a lot of folks in Cincinnati didn't shed any tears for Mr. Brian (I'm going to leave right before the UC/Florida BCS Orange Bowl without telling my players in person) Kelly. It's called Karma aka "what comes around goes around". :o

Brian Kelly is now interviewing for NFL jobs less than 24 hours after the Alabama blowout in the BCS Championship Game.  I guess his "final destination Dream Job at ND" that he totally hosed UC over is really only worth three years.  Ironically the same amount of time he was at UC before bolitng in the middle of the night unannounced and without notice.  My guess is he won't have the time or respect to talk to his Notre Dame players either as he leaves ND.  Classless.   

Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valpotx

Wow, just wow...if this is true, which it sounds like extensive research was done, Manti deserves the negative publicity this is going to get.  There is absolutely NO WAY that he was not in on such a thing. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

covufan

Quote from: vusupporter on January 16, 2013, 03:49:15 PM
*grabs popcorn* http://deadspin.com/5976517/
Unbelievable!  How did he, his family, and ND let it get this far?  Even if her real name is Lennay Marie Wochinski, as suggested by a commentor, Manti didn't know her or meet her.  Very interesting.  The next 24-48 hours will be quite interesting for ND, Manti, and the others.