• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

favorite and least favorite basketbal announcers...tv and radio

Started by truth219, January 31, 2013, 10:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth219

I have a lot that I like and some I dislike. I like bill raftery....I don't like bob knight. Sure bob knight is wise but he looks like he is paralyzed and he is so monotone its unbearable

wh

My favorite basketball analyst at any level is Hubie Brown.  That guy is a walking basketball x-and-o encyclopedia.  He is also 79 years old and still sharp as a tack. 

KL31NY

I like Kevin Harlan on basketball. Very well prepared and good energy, chemistry. He's also calling the Super Bowl for Dial Global on Sunday.

Switching to color, Bill Walton's definitely bad. Huge homer gets all these UCLA games on ESPN, you're lucky to get real, fair analysis from him.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

StlVUFan

It's wearing off, but my favorite has been Gus Johnson.

On my list of least favorite, I'm sorry to say that the HL's own Jim Barbar makes the cut, though my least favorite would have to be Dan McLaughlin, who used to do Mid-Con games on a regular basis.

bbtds

Quote from: StlVUFan on February 01, 2013, 01:02:12 AMthough my least favorite would have to be Dan McLaughlin,

Really! A Cardinals fan doesn't like McLaughlin! Was it the 2 DUI's that he begged for forgiveness for and somehow got his job back?

valpotx

I think that the funniest to listen to was Jimmy Collins from our last game.  I don't mean that he makes great jokes, just that in listening to him, you have to say to yourself, 'why?'
"Don't mess with Texas"

MattCarter

Who don't I like?  This one is easy.  Dan Dakich.  'Nuf Said.   :crazy:

My favorite?  That is easy too.  Dave O'Brien.  He can do a game with Dicky V one day and a craptastic whoever the next and still sound awesome. 
The two greatest things on earth?  Short hair cuts and Valpo Victories!

vusupporter

bbtds

Quote from: MattCarter on February 01, 2013, 09:23:21 AMWho don't I like?  This one is easy.  Dan Dakich.  'Nuf Said.

Try calling him up on his radio show and saying anything he disagrees with. Click!

I heard that Dakich is now on NPR station in Merrillville.

StlVUFan

Quote from: bbtds on February 01, 2013, 07:19:48 AM
Quote from: StlVUFan on February 01, 2013, 01:02:12 AMthough my least favorite would have to be Dan McLaughlin,

Really! A Cardinals fan doesn't like McLaughlin! Was it the 2 DUI's that he begged for forgiveness for and somehow got his job back?

I'm not a Cardinals fan, but then you remind me that my response was an epic fail.  Without a doubt, my least favorite would have to be Hawk Harrelson.

HC

Quote from: StlVUFan on February 01, 2013, 02:47:33 PMWithout a doubt, my least favorite would have to be Hawk Harrelson.
I'll second that! I'd rather poke my eardrums with a toothpick then listen to him.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: HC on February 01, 2013, 03:18:08 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on February 01, 2013, 02:47:33 PMWithout a doubt, my least favorite would have to be Hawk Harrelson.
I'll second that! I'd rather poke my eardrums with a toothpick then listen to him.

hegone! and listening to dickie v is almost as irritating.

and my one defense of danny mac is that he's much more knowledgable about baseball than basketball. (and yes, i am a cardinals fan.)

KL31NY

Quote from: vusupporter on February 01, 2013, 10:12:12 AM
I've heard that Adam Amin guy is decent.
YES! I keep hearing his voice on all these National Signing Day promos. He's everywhere!  :o
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176