• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball in FLA

Started by jetz, March 01, 2013, 07:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

Cribbs leads off 5th with a deep fly that LF makes an over the shoulder catch in LC. Hara tries to bunt on first pitch but 3B was charging and gets him by a step. Bain hits a 2 hopper over the mound that 2B fields but throws high.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

Sorry folks. Had some technical difficulties. I will try to catch you up without missing anything. By the way, this is Rick Mahoney using Jerry Walsh's computer to provide the updates.

jetz

Cribbs leads off 5th with a deep fly that LF makes an over the shoulder catch in LC. Hara tries to bunt on first pitch but 3B was charging and gets him by a step. Bain hits a 2 hopper over the mound that 2B fields but throws high.

jetz

Sorry folks having technical difficulties. We are through 5 1/2 and score still Valpo 1, NE 0.

jetz

Vavra ended 5th with well hit ball to CF. Webb got lead off man in bottom of 5 to fly that wind took to deep RF but Manning made catch just in front of fence. Next batter walked for NE first base runner but he was erased on a sweet 3-6-1 DP to end inning.

jetz

Martin singled and stole 2nd in top of 6th but Valpo couldn't get him around. NE lead off man get 1st hit with a solid single to LF Advances to 2B on Wild Pitch and to 3rd on deep fly to CF. Two outs.

jetz

Next batter hits one over Manning's head in RF for RBI triple. Next batter lines a 1 hopper up middle but Vavra dives and throws 1 hopper from his knees that Bain digs out of the dirt at 1B to end the inning. After 6, we are tied at 1.

jetz

Manning leads off 7th with soft single over 2B head. Cribbs bunts back to the pitcher for a force at second.

jetz

Hara lines a 1 hopper to SS who fields cleanly and turns DP to end inning.

jetz

Lead off man for NE flies lazily to Mormon on LF line. Next batter pops to SS but Mormon calls off Mahoney to make the catch. Next batter lines an 0-2 fastball into LF for a solid single.

jetz

Line single up the middle put runners on 1st and 2nd for NE C who delivers with a solid RBI single to RC.

jetz

NE sends up LH PH who pops to short RF where Vavra makes catch running away from infield. After 7, NE 2; Valpo 1

jetz

NE Starting pitcher, senior lefty Kevin Ferguson is still throwing here in 8th. Bain leads off for Valpo and lines a single between SS & 3B for a single. Vavra up.

jetz

Vavra sacrifices up 1B line. Mormon up with Bain on 2B; 1 out. NE is changing pitchers, bringing in Freshman RHP Ryan Fitzgerald.

jetz

Sorry, Michael Fitzgerald is now pitching to Mormon who hits a soft pop over pitcher's head and fielded cleanly by 2B for 2nd out

jetz

Martin flies to deep CF on first pitch to end the inning. Zack Walsh is in to pitch the 8th for Valpo.

jetz

Lead off man lines to CF Hara for 1st out. Umpire squeezed Walsh on 2-2 pitch which leads to a walk. Runner steals 2B. 

jetz

Umpire calls a balk moving runner to third. Grounder to SS Mahoney not hit hard enough to come home, gets him at first but run scores. Next batter rolls one to Vavra @ 2B to end inning. NE up 3-1 going to top of 9. Looks like Loeffler will PH to lead off inning against the RHP.

jetz

After fighting off several 2 strike pitches, Loeffler flies to CF. Mahoney also fouls off a couple 2 strike pitches before rolling one to 2B for second out. Chris Manning is Valpo's last chance.

jetz

Manning tops one back to the pitcher for final out. Final Line score: NE 3 runs, 5 hits and 2 Errors. Valpo, 1 run 6 hits 0 errors.

valporun

Thanks for the updates! Really wish we could have had a few of those one-hoppers get redirected away from the glove hand.

VULB#62

Jetz, you might want to start a new string for each game.  The P X P was great to follow.

Valposter

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 03, 2013, 12:41:41 PM
Jetz, you might want to start a new string for each game.  The P X P was great to follow.

I second the motion!!!!!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valporun

jetz mentioned that there might be "guest commentators" giving us updates, so they might just continue it here, if they don't regularly come to the board to know how to start a new game thread.

Enrico Palazzo

Frustrating loss for the local nine today.  It was a shame to see another great Webb start go for naught.  He's gotta be the best pitcher in the country with a 1-2 record. 

Valpo will see another lefty tomorrow against Georgetown.  It'll be the sixth in ten games I believe.  Don't be surprised to see a new bat in the lineup tomorrow.

On the bright side, Vavra looks like Vavra again, as does Bain.  EMart is coming around.  No errors today. And outside of the 7-2 loss at Long Beach, the team has been in every ball game.   

I'll try and dig through the stats to find out the team avg w/RISP.  It can't be pleasant.  Cribbs has been a life saver with guys on.