• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball in FLA

Started by jetz, March 01, 2013, 07:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

I see good things for our baseball program this year as well (mentioned same for softball).  Our pitching seems to have been replaced (Webb seems impressive), and our hitting WILL come around.  We have started off with some pretty poor non-conference records in our history, but I think we will be better setup this year going into conference play in being closer to .500 when it is all said and done. 

Isn't being left-handed great?  :)  Anytime I am warming up in my adult baseball league now, you just hear the team whine about a lefty coming in lol.
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

We'll see how it goes as far as updates today.  Very nice of Rick Mahoney to handle that yesterday.  If he's amenable, we'll do it again, probably on a new thread.  Check back here at game time.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valpotx

Dang it, another close loss for the guys, blowing a 1 run lead in the 8th to lose 3-2.  This will hopefully be good experience as the season progresses, as USF is no slouch!  It's good to see that we can play with everyone so far, we just need to pull out some of these close ones.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Webb seems to be pitching a gem against USF, up 5-1 in the bottom of the 7th.  This kid seems legit, and would be a quality win!  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Steady rain today here in Winter Haven.  The teams are in the dugout and I'm in the Starbucks next door.  I am planning on doing blog updates here for the next few days in WH.  I'm thinking this game today will be cancelled.  It's too bad since we were playing in the Chain O' Lakes main stadium today. It's the Indians old spring training field and pretty nice.  I'll keep you updated with changes here.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails