• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Georgetown

Started by jetz, March 04, 2013, 10:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

GU leadoff man rolls one perfectly between Mahoney and Martin into LF for GU's 6th hit. Next hitter bloops one in front of Johnson in RF to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Valpo expecting sacrifice but the ball is lined into the LF corner for a 2-RBI double. Next batter lines one to deep RC that short hops the fence and gives GU the lead. Valpo making Pitching change as southpaw Mike Jacobs comes in.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

GU #7 hitter takes a curve in the dirt that Bynum cannot block. Runner moves to 3B and Valpo brings in infield.

jetz

Jacobs induces soft grounder to Mahoney @ SS who holds runner and gets batter. That's it for Jacobs. Kowalczyk coming it to pitch from DH spot. Next batter hits grounder to 3B that Martin fields on his knees and tags out runner. Throw to first however is low and Loeffler cannot handle it. Batter moves into 2B with 2 outs and score still 4-3.

jetz

Liner down line is back-handed beautifully by Martin just before it hits ground for third out. We go to 9th chasing 1. GU brings in its hard-throwing RH closer Charles Steinman. Martin leads off for Valpo.

jetz

Martin falls behind on 2 FBs on black before missing a sweeping curve for 1st out. Bynum rolls one to SS for 2nd out.

jetz

Manning lines an 0-1 FB down RF line for a single. Might have been a double but RF got to it quickly. Johnson rolls 2nd pitch toward hole but GU 2B gets in front of it quickly and gets Johnson to end the game. Final Totals, GU 4 runs, 9 hits and 1 error; Valpo had 3 runs, 8 hits and 2 errors. 

valpotx

Yikes, too bad.  It sounds like we should have won that game.  Hopefully something to grow on for the guys
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Yeah, we played well enough to win. Should have been a W over a Big East team.  We get another shot tomorrow.  Thanks to Rick for the updates.  He says he will continue for the next few games.  Sorry if I seem a little short....we should have been playing victory tunes today!  But at least it's 70+ and we're here for happy hour... :cheers:

Valposter

Rick, thanks for the updates!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!