• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Starting 5- Valpo Basketball Posters

Started by SadersofthelostArc, March 09, 2013, 03:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadersofthelostArc

Well, ValpoHoops/Matt Carter/setshot/APOSTLE (read: a bunch of heavy hitters) etc all seem to be enjoying it, so I'll stick around the "high school club" if you don't mind. ;)

FWalum

All the silly stuff just seems like it is here for stat stuffing. How many posts can I put up this week kind of stuff. It's fun to read but for the most part I am not going to participate. I to will normally wait until some real analysis or comment is needed or asked for.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: FWalum on March 11, 2013, 10:42:16 AM
All the silly stuff just seems like it is here for stat stuffing. How many posts can I put up this week kind of stuff. It's fun to read but for the most part I am not going to participate. I to will normally wait until some real analysis or comment is needed or asked for.

Nice stat stuff!!!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: SadersofthelostArc on March 11, 2013, 08:47:41 AM
Quote from: jack on March 11, 2013, 08:32:46 AM
Quote from: VULB#62 on March 09, 2013, 04:59:31 PM
Jack is conspicuous by his absence.

He, among all of us, is probably the most seriously invested in the WBB program, yet......................     ???
Like ValpoHoops, I have spent some time on the sidelines with the Ladies

I'm not sure why people continue to make this connection.  VH did not coach at VU.  He has repeatedly told us this.

And yet it took you until yesterday, when he specifically called you out on it, for you to grasp this fact.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: vuweathernerd on March 11, 2013, 01:37:19 PM

He, among all of us, is probably the most seriously invested in the WBB program, yet......................     ???

I'm not sure why people continue to make this connection.  VH did not coach at VU.  He has repeatedly told us this.

And yet it took you until yesterday, when he specifically called you out on it, for you to grasp this fact.

And I can't understand why when I say that "I have college coaching experience" but "not at Valpo" he can't seem to grasp that there are other colleges out there....something like 1600 that sponsor women's basketball at all levels. ???

agibson

valpotx

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 11, 2013, 01:43:55 PM
Quote from: vuweathernerd on March 11, 2013, 01:37:19 PM

And I can't understand why when I say that "I have college coaching experience" but "not at Valpo" he can't seem to grasp that there are other colleges out there....something like 1600 that sponsor women's basketball at all levels. ???

It's the same reason that I am Tommy Lasorda.  He enjoys saying random things  ;).  I believe it is his way of making fun of us and the board.  Since I tend to act like I know all things baseball, I must be Tommy Lasorda in his mind.
"Don't mess with Texas"

ValpoHoops

Quote from: valpotx on March 11, 2013, 01:54:43 PMIt's the same reason that I am Tommy Lasorda.  He enjoys saying random things  .  I believe it is his way of making fun of us and the board.  Since I tend to act like I know all things baseball, I must be Tommy Lasorda in his mind.

I know...been around long enough (but you knew that too)

Funny, I always randomly pictured you as actually looking like a baseball player...not short, balding and fat  :cheers:

valpotx

Knock on wood that I am still in good shape, a ton of hair on my head, and above average height lol
"Don't mess with Texas"

IndyValpo

Quote from: SadersofthelostArc on March 10, 2013, 10:13:21 PMOk, here's a little appe-teaser for those who are hungry for more analysis from me (yes, I've been getting the emails and pms guys)...

Analysis?  I refuse to believe there is anyone associated with this board asking for "analysis" from you, fashion advice, maybe...

This is easily the dumbest thread we have ever had on our boards and I think I have been here since the beginning and I know I have authored many dumb posts.

agibson

Quote from: IndyValpo on March 11, 2013, 02:13:01 PMThis is easily the dumbest thread we have ever had on our boards

It's up there.  But, another from the last months comes to mind that probably passes it...  Maybe it was deleted by mods, in the end.

HC

I feel like my posts/threads are similar to the preKnicks Jeremy Lin...capable of great things but under appreciated! I'm going to graciously remove myself from the lineup and you can fill my spot with a poster who desires the limelight for their vast, umm, knowledge of Valpo and the sport of basketball.

covufan

Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 10, 2013, 03:05:21 PMIf you look back, I didn't break it down for KF. I said, quite clearly, I was coaching another of IUN's opponents...so yes, I do have college basketball coaching experience.

And sure, I'll take it. Not sure how I feel about...
If I remember correctly, the place of employment may have been mentioned in a previous forum, which may have been a stepping stone for a previous VU coach as well.

ValpoHoops

Quote from: covufan on March 13, 2013, 11:38:16 AM
Quote from: ValpoHoops on March 10, 2013, 03:05:21 PMIf you look back, I didn't break it down for KF. I said, quite clearly, I was coaching another of IUN's opponents...so yes, I do have college basketball coaching experience.

And sure, I'll take it. Not sure how I feel about...
If I remember correctly, the place of employment may have been mentioned in a previous forum, which may have been a stepping stone for a previous VU coach as well.

Yes. And, as I said somewhere else as well (and I'm too lazy to find it), I'll ask that those who do know say no more on the subject.

agibson

You'd better be careful, or someone's going to start calling you Pat Summitt!

ValpoHoops

Quote from: agibson on March 13, 2013, 01:25:53 PM
You'd better be careful, or someone's going to start calling you Pat Summitt!

If I have a coaching career that approaches 10% of whtshe accomplished...not only coaching but everything else she's done, I'll be a very happy and successful person.