• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

NCAA Tournament Pick'em

Started by Kyle321n, March 13, 2013, 03:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle321n

So I do a bracket every year.  Thought I'd open it up to anyone on here who wanted to join.  I'm sure you'll fill out at least one bracket, why not do it here? If this doesn't belong in the OT Sports Talk someone can move it to the right spot.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/45977/invitation?key=adfb5748a89d9ac3[/size]
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

valporun

It works here, but I'm trying to remember who it was in the previous years that had a bracket group going for the board? We didn't have a huge number of people involved in it regularly, but now with Valpo being in the bracket, maybe we'll get more people involved in it, even if they aren't VU alums or fans?

valpo04

I usually set one up for the board, but if Kyle would like to run it, that's fine with me.

I'd just prefer if we had a separate one just for the board.

valpo04

I just renewed last year's bracket pick'em on Yahoo.

Anyone on here is more than welcome to join.

I only ask that you use your board screen name as your bracket name.

http://y.ahoo.it/B6xbkApX

Password: govalpo

vuweathernerd

are we just restricted to one bracket? or can i make a second one with valpo winning it all just for kicks and giggles?

valpo04

Quote from: vuweathernerd on March 20, 2013, 10:13:36 AM
are we just restricted to one bracket? or can i make a second one with valpo winning it all just for kicks and giggles?

One bracket per Yahoo account, if you want to sign up a second account go for it!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpo04 on March 20, 2013, 10:29:52 AM

One bracket per Yahoo account, if you want to sign up a second account go for it!

darn. don't feel like creating a second yahoo account. i only use my current one for fantasy football and bracket challenge anyway. haha.

valpo04

Quote from: vuweathernerd on March 20, 2013, 10:33:58 AM

darn. don't feel like creating a second yahoo account. i only use my current one for fantasy football and bracket challenge anyway. haha.

Oh whoops, I didn't see that I could change the number of brackets per user.  I bumped it to 2, so go ahead!

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpo04 on March 20, 2013, 10:56:27 AM

Oh whoops, I didn't see that I could change the number of brackets per user.  I bumped it to 2, so go ahead!

hooray!!! :D haha

valpo04

Quote from: vuweathernerd on March 20, 2013, 10:59:39 AM
Quote from: valpo04 on March 20, 2013, 10:56:27 AM

hooray!!! :D haha

I just created my second bracket...my attempt at worst bracket ever!

hckjag

Picking my bracket on Yahoo and getting the low-down on Valpo....my how time flies!

Yahoo! Outlook

Twenty-five years ago, Bryce Drew stunned Ole Miss with one of the most memorable game-winners in NCAA tournament history. Now he's back in the dance with Valpo, this time as the team's head coach. The oldest team in the tourney, Valpo boasts nine upperclassman and five senior starters. The Crusaders are led by sharp-shooters Ryan Broekhoff and Will Bogan, who combine to shoot 37.7 percent from beyond the arc. The pair also shoot better than 55 percent in the paint and 73 percent from the free-throw line. Defensively, the Horizon reps are average at best and turnovers have plagued them at times, but the Crusaders should not be overlooked. If they draw an opponent that's soft on defense, they could wreck many brackets.

valpo04

Quote from: hckjag on March 21, 2013, 12:04:06 AM
Picking my bracket on Yahoo and getting the low-down on Valpo....my how time flies!

Yahoo! Outlook

Twenty-five years ago, Bryce Drew stunned Ole Miss with one of the most memorable game-winners in NCAA tournament history. Now he's back in the dance with Valpo, this time as the team's head coach. The oldest team in the tourney, Valpo boasts nine upperclassman and five senior starters. The Crusaders are led by sharp-shooters Ryan Broekhoff and Will Bogan, who combine to shoot 37.7 percent from beyond the arc. The pair also shoot better than 55 percent in the paint and 73 percent from the free-throw line. Defensively, the Horizon reps are average at best and turnovers have plagued them at times, but the Crusaders should not be overlooked. If they draw an opponent that's soft on defense, they could wreck many brackets.

I remember it like it was yesterday...as a 5 year old about to enter college, it was highly influential in my decision!

valpo04

Dang it Pitt! Cost me a perfect worst bracket and a Sweet 16 team in my other!

valpo04

Congrats to valpo04 for winning the ValpoFanZone Tourney Pick'em!  :thumbsup: :cheers:

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpo04 on April 09, 2013, 10:51:42 AM
Congrats to valpo04 for winning the ValpoFanZone Tourney Pick'em!  :thumbsup: :cheers:

props 04

LaPorteAveApostle

it wouldn't be considered boasting for you to post the results on this thread! 

(also because I forgot my password.)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Can we please delete this thread now.

Mine was an honest attempt at a "winning" bracket. It may have been colored by my "Valpo opponents scores" thread, a little.  :-[

LaPorteAveApostle

i can't believe i picked indiana and not michigan.  what a shocking lack of faith.

then again, taking us to the Sweet 16...
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo04

I couldn't  believe I was the only one to pick Louisville.