• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Yale

Started by jetz, March 13, 2013, 05:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

A ground ball to Loeffler, and he goes to second for the force.  Jacobs a little late to first so the batter's safe.  Two away.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

Jacobs gets Squires on a pop to Vavra and the game is over.  Valpo wins it 9-2.  Haas with the win, he's 1-0 on the year.  Valpo moves to 6-10 with their first two game win streak of 2013.  Tomorrow's game is at Lake Myrtle at 2p EDT.  We'll play Bucknell.  See you then.  Great day for the Crusaders!   :clap:
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

Valposter

Great job Valpo!  Great pitching by Haas and Jacobs.  Nice job again putting runs up early and often to take pressure off of the pitching staff.  First win streak of the year..........let's keep it going tomorrow.  Valpo Baseball getting on a roll!

Thanks Jetz!!!!!!!!!!!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: jetz on March 13, 2013, 07:35:18 PMBain caught stealing

Speaking of addictions, I love your succinct yet detailed writeups.  Thanks for taking the time--it beats the heck out of Gametracker!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

talksalot

Great talking with the family members at the stadium tonight after a long night yesterday in the ARC, an early flight... and hitting the Softball game at FGCU this afternoon before making the drive to Winter Haven...   Nice to have the "Harvard of the Midwest" beat Yale... and not even close... clutch hitting and great defense...

So Bucknell's basketball team got their NCAA ticket earlier tonight... so tomorrow... let's show them Valpo is the cream of the mid-majors... 

VULB#62

Thursday morning and reading the PXP it was like I was in the stands.  Great job Jetz.

valpotx

I love the early season record against some quality opponents, and how close some of our losses are this year.  It bodes well for the conference season!
"Don't mess with Texas"