• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Miami (OH)

Started by vubballfan, March 16, 2013, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vubballfan

Live stats are available for the game - on Miami (OH) website.... Or go to D1baseball.com (Today's Scores)

Valposter

Play by play can also be found on the Valpo Baseball twitter account @ValpoBaseball1.  Valpo up 7-0 in the 5th against Miami OH!  Bats looking good today.  Martin with a big 3-run HR.  DeBoo pitching a great game against a very good Miami offense. 

Bring it home Valpo! 
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valpotx

Now, if we can only hit for Webb in the future  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Good to see that Johnson is on a hot streak over the last few games.  I had high hopes for him after the tourney last year, as I am sure most people did
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Quote from: valpotx on March 16, 2013, 11:15:14 AM
Good to see that Johnson is on a hot streak over the last few games.  I had high hopes for him after the tourney last year, as I am sure most people did

Back up north after my two week, 3500 mile drive with the Valpo baseball team over the 2013 Spring Break.  Johnson in the mix with three others for the three outfield spots.  We need consistent offensive production, and after a good start, Morman has cooled off lately at the plate.  The shuffle will continue as we look for the right combo.  Valposter, you asked about Karch warming up the other day.  He tweaked a hamstring running the bases at USF, and will be ready (hopefully) for the conference opener.  That's why you didn't hear from him either as a pinch hitter or closer during the Winter Haven games.  Mahar has filled in the role of "pseudo-closer" while Karch is out.  Our pitching has been great.  Very satisfied with the starters so far.  Our hitting is a concern, but we're coming home with 4 more wins on this trip than we had at this time last year.  Still a long way to go with the bats, but I'd bet that other HL teams have the same problem.  BTW, YSU beat UIC to open their league schedule today.  UWM beat Wright State 15-2.  Game two with YSU/UIC tied at 1 in the eighth.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

Valposter

Jetz, thanks for the updates!!!  I was wondering where Karch had been.  Hope he's ready for league play.  Good to see Martin get the big dinger today.  That really put the game away!  We need to hit for more average and power overall, but the bats are starting to come around after a slow start (a common variable for northern baseball). 

Pitching has been very good overall.  Winning 3 of 4 is a great way to wrap up the Florida trip.  Good momentum going into league play!
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

valpotx

Yes, I have no complaints about an 8-11 start!  Interesting that YSU and UWM beat UIC and WSU...with Milwaukee's win by 13!  Maybe a longer term changing of the guard with Valpo at the top, and UIC/WSU being mid-table  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"