• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Women's NCAA selection show

Started by StlVUFan, March 18, 2013, 06:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

Once again, just like 4 years ago, GB gets a damn 11 seed down in Baton Rouge against LSU.

:crazy:

KL31NY

I saw the heading and thought we'd get something different... then I remembered that 'Saders left and it wasn't just going to be a rant about how our women's team didn't make it as an at-large despite his committee connections  :D

Last year they get a decent seed but play the first round AT Iowa State. This year, they get a bubble-type slot and again play their opening game at their opponent. I understand our conference is fairly week based on team RPI and home games happen at the NCAAs, but Green Bay's still been a great team and deserves better. Cue Rodney Dangerfield.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

LaPorteAveApostle

and Betsy Adams and FGCU not only came up short in the conf. championship game, they didn't get an at-large (which, if GB only merits an 11, no surprise).

but they do get the WNIT.  good times in 2002, right?

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/mar/18/womens-basketball-fgcu-not-picked-ncaa-tournament/
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Probably the only time our women's team had a full house, with the top section still closed off, was against Houston in the WNIT  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

ValpoHoops

Against notre dame a few years back the lower level was full.