• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Urinal Gaming

Started by historyman, March 26, 2013, 06:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

KL31NY

Now if Wrigley Field could put these in, maybe more people would actually hit the pot.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

VULB#62

Apostle, surely you have an opinion    :lol:

StlVUFan

Quote from: KL31NY on March 26, 2013, 08:38:06 PM
Now if Wrigley Field could put these in, maybe more people would actually hit the pot.
Just individual urinals would be an improvement.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: VULB#62 on March 26, 2013, 09:20:43 PMApostle, surely you have an opinion

boy, that's a trough one. i think i'd leak to take a shot at it.  number one, though, would probably be bbtds, who's a real wizz at these.  Urine a lot of trouble when you match wits with him--his jokes tinkle the funny bone. (ewww...) If and when he gets here we'll make it potty time--a real steady stream of 'em.  So, I will start it off then, 62--thanks for asking.  Here goes going:

In this sport, it's not an abbreviation for Power Play!

[i actually remember playing urinal games in the ARC restroom as a middle school kid, except it was lo-tech (early 90s), and the game was "how far can you back away and still hit the target?"  the answer...pretty far.]
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

wait...INTERACTIVE? 

seriously, what the

ok, first off, i don't want it interacting with me.  that's the whole point of me going there, to get rid of it.

second of all, i don't want to be interacting with anybody else when i'm in there, which is why I always observe the Safety One-Urinal Buffer Zone at all times.

INTERACTIVE URINAL GAME?  REALLY???

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

I heard about these things several years ago when they started in Japan.  Supposedly, depending on your 'flow,' your characters on-screen will run faster in certain games, and you can direct them left and right.  It's kind of interesting to me being in the technology industry.  It seems like they have taken this idea off of the telematics/connected vehicle services industry we created, in trying to be connected EVERYWHERE  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Can you imagine the pressure this "game" puts on guys who are "bathroom shy?" Guys who already feel the pressure of not being able to go on demand when others are waiting behind him to use the urinal. Now there is the added pressure of having a low score in a game too. Oh, how awful!

As the guy with "bathroom shyness" leaves the urinal, the guy going up to the urinal sees his score in the game and says "What the heck were you doing while making me wait? That is the lowest score I have ever seen at this urinal." 

valporun

Let the pissing contest begin...where it IS better to be pissed on than pissed off. (Pardon my potty mouth.)

Wasn't it Eddie Murphy who once sang, "I like to POTTY all the time, POTTY all the time, POTTY all the ti--ime"?

FWalum

Dan Patrick did a segment of his show on the urinal games this morning. Unfortunately I had to leave just as it was starting.  I'll bet he had plenty to say on the subject.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valporun

Quote from: FWalum on March 27, 2013, 12:14:52 PM
Dan Patrick did a segment of his show on the urinal games this morning. Unfortunately I had to leave just as it was starting.  I'll bet he had plenty to say on the subject.

Link to the Dan Patrick Show discussion of the "Urinal Games":
http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/03/27/breaking-down-the-new-urinal-game/

valporun

My next question...when will Lehigh Valley then add a keg and a vendor in the restroom to keep the beer sales flowing for the pissing contestants? I'm sure that guy would love the sales, as long as his clients washed their hands before buying another beer...

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valporun on March 27, 2013, 02:23:46 PMI'm sure that guy would love the sales

he would...as long as he didn't have problems stopping and restarting his stream

Kyle321n

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 27, 2013, 02:30:31 PM
Quote from: valporun on March 27, 2013, 02:23:46 PMI'm sure that guy would love the sales

he would...as long as he didn't have problems stopping and restarting his stream

Stop and start all you want, just don't cross the stream.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

LaPorteAveApostle

Valpo_Hockey