• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball at Notre Dame

Started by Enrico Palazzo, April 03, 2013, 04:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enrico Palazzo

As I noted on the Twitter account, Notre Dame hasn't been able to get GameTracker working for a few days.  However, they are streaming video at und.com.

Enrico Palazzo

GameTracker is fixed...for now.  Video stream still up on ND's site, too.

valpotx

Looks like we have a few hits already, YAAYYYYY!!!  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Shoulda won that.  I feel bad for Ben.  He was lights out in FL, and had a rough one here tonight.  He's gonna be a key later this year, he's just struggling now.  Lundeen pitched a hell of a game though...
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on April 03, 2013, 05:00:30 PM
Looks like we have a few hits already, YAAYYYYY!!!  :)

Valpo loses 3-1 in 8 1/2 innings after Valpo gives up 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th when the Crusader relief pitcher, Ben Mahar, gave up a single with the bases loaded and the center fielder got aggressive and over ran the ball. It scored 3 ND runs and put the hitter on third.

Burns got a welcome hit in the top of the 4th inning with runners on 2nd & 3rd and 1 out, singled to center, to score Valpo's lone run. The runner on 2nd was held up at 3rd because the outfield was playing extremely shallow on Burns.

valpotx

Man, I left work when we were up 1-0 at the end of the 7th...sorry for the jinx
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valposter

Nice to see Lundeen pitch such a good game against a top 20 team on the road.  Our pitching depth overall really bodes well for the remainder of this season and beyond.  Also nice to see Burns come up with a clutch hit wit RISP.  Need much more of that from everyone in the lineup.

Big series this weekend will tell a lot about the prospects going forward of this year's club.  Baseball is a much harder game to play with a target on your back.  I think in part players are feeling the weight of expectations as HL favorites after 2012 success.  I predict they get it figured out before the season gets away.   
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

jetz

Also, thanks to ND for streaming free video.  The pxp guy was excellent.  A lot of schools charge for that.  This almost makes up for the ridiculous "no tailgating" policy on the Notre Dame campus--except for home football Saturdays, of course...Literally, some Clint Eastwood wannabe rent-a-cop called the hook and ladder fire engine to put out my Weber grill two years ago!  WWJD? 
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

historyman

Quote from: jetz on April 04, 2013, 12:35:46 PM.Literally, some Clint Eastwood wannabe rent-a-cop called the hook and ladder fire engine to put out my Weber grill two years ago!  WWJD?

Jesus wouldn't have called any fire crew. He would have put out the Weber grill fire with the wave of his hand. Of course. ;)
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann