• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

PantherU take on HL Expansion

Started by blackpantheruwm, April 19, 2013, 11:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaPorteAveApostle

Still, no.  UConn and Syracuse, sure. 

But Pitt, BC?  If they count as "basketball tradition" then hell, DePaul and Xavier have it in spades.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

wh

Maybe I should have written in braille.  ;)  When I said, "Anyone who ever mattered from a basketball standpoint is gone," I was referring to the programs that made the Big East one of the top 2 basketball conferences in the country over the past several years - Syracuse, UConn, Louisville, W. Virginia, Notre Dame, and Cincinnati.

Next year's "Big East" more closely resembles in stature this year's A-10 than the powerful Big East of the past. In this case - a rose by the same name is still not a rose.

LaPorteAveApostle

I agreed with you until you threw WVU, ND, and Cincy in there.  If that's the bar, then 80% of the NBE has met it.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

EddieCabot

From ‏@PantherU  on Twitter yesterday:

"Oakland is great. They're an instant upgrade. Horizon finished 12th in RPI in 2012-13, could be 10th or 11th in 2013-14."

That's huge for the Horizon ... all top-10 RPI conferences had multiple NCAA bids, and that is really the goal.  To get there, the Horizon will need to climb over C-USA and either the WCC or MVC, all of which seem possible/probable.  Keep in mind that there's an additional conference next year, although I'm not sure how the New Big East or American Athletic Conference will stack up against the new and improved Horizon.

a3uge

If I see "@pantherU"  and "anonymous sources" in the same sentence one more time, I'm going to vomit.

Pathfinder

According to Panther U, Belmont, Evansville, and Loyola are in the Horizon, and UIC is in the MVC. Who cares what his take is?