• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Chicago State

Started by jetz, May 07, 2013, 04:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

GT is down again, so I'll post here.  Again, I'm receiving updates from a secret follower at the field.  Right now, it's the top of the fifth, and Valpo leads 4-1.  Wormington started for Valpo, and will get the win.  He went four innings.  Drew Hasler is in now and has a K looking and a groundout to start the fifth.  Two down.
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

Hasler gets a groundout to short for a 1-2-3 inning.  Mid 5, Valpo leads 4-1.

jetz

Karch is the DH today and he flies to right.  One down in the bottom of 5.

jetz

Manning lines to center for out #2.  Chi St. is on their third pitcher of the game. 

jetz

Mahoney with his second hit of the game (he's hot) with a single to right.

jetz

Valpo looking to extend their nationwide D1 leading win streak.  They share the current streak with three other teams at nine.  Bynum grounds into a fielder's choice to short to end the fifth.  Headed to the sixth, Valpo leads 4-1.  Trevor Haas makes his way to the mound to hurl for the Crusaders.

jetz

Haas is a true freshman, about 6 feet tall, a slender build, and a big hit with the girls.  He's yet to accomplish his first full blown razor shave.  Ground ball to Bynum takes a bad hop and is ruled an error (wth?).  Runner on 1st.  Bynum is playing first base for the first time this year.

jetz

Ground ball to Mahoney is bobbled.  The Cougars had a hit and run on.  Everybody's safe and another error is charged.   :banghead: :censored:

jetz

Mahoney redeems himself.  Grounder up the middle.  Mahoney fields and tags the runner coming from first.  Runner from second tries to score.  Spence fires to Hanson at home, who blocks the plate and makes the tag.  Double play.  Batter stays at first.

valpotx

Sounds like we are well on the way to our 10th straight win, to get us above 0.500.  Good heart by the guys to not just give up this season when things weren't going our way in 1 run losses.
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Trevor is struggling a bit.  Here's a double that leaves runners on 2nd and 3rd.  Now a passed ball scores the guy from 3rd.  4-2 Valpo.

valpotx

Btw jetz, do the guys care that Oakland is joining?  Other than the obvious that it will keep the NCAA bid, do they care about playing in Detroit again?
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Mahoney accounts for all three outs as he fields a routine ground ball and makes the play.  4-2 Valpo mid 6.

jetz

Tx, did they make an announcement?  We need somebody I guess...Freshman Jake Hanson, catching today, starts the Valpo half of the 6th with a solid single to right.

jetz

Andy Burns is at the hot corner for the Crusaders today.  He pops up a sac bunt attempt for one out.

jetz

Bain is playing left today.  He flies out to center for two away.  He's also the leadoff hitter.

vu72

Oakland is in, its official.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

jetz

We've been bringing up the middle of the order with two outs a lot in this game it seems to me.  Here's Hara.  The Cali transfer strikes out looking, and we're headed to the 7th with Valpo up 4-2.  I DO NOT feel comfortable!

jetz

Senior Connor Buxton is on for his fifth appearance of the year on the hill.

jetz

Connor gets a K swinging for out #1.

jetz

Here's a slow roller towards short.  Burns, always solid at third, cuts it off and makes a nice play to throw him out.  Two down.

jetz

Buxton coaxes a fly to center that Hara puts away.  Nice 1-2-3 inning for Connor.  Great job!

jetz

Quote from: vu72 on May 07, 2013, 04:41:25 PM
Oakland is in, its official.

What happened to the "You'll be happy with the TEAMS that we're adding?" thing...

jetz

Vavra is batting third today.  He's in the top 250 in the country in batting average.  Now he takes one off the elbow and heads to first...

jetz

Vavra steals second easily.  This is something I'd love to see more of from our offense. I smell big inning.. :thumbsup: