• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Summer Baseball

Started by Dave_2010, June 17, 2013, 08:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_2010

Has anyone heard about Valpo kids signing on with wood bat summer league teams? I remember watching a handful of our players in the Northwoods League the last two summers but haven't heard of any signings this year.

jetz

Mahoney is in Alaska.  Haas and Mahar are playing for Terre Haute in the Prospect League.  Walsh and G. Yoder are with the Dayton Docs in the Great Lakes League.  Schneider and Johnson are in California on a team that travels to Alaska and Washington State.  Hasler, Edwards, and Hanson are in Newark with the new Perfect Game League.  Bynum returned to the Jayhawk League in Kansas.  Burns is with the Lexington, IL snipes.  Manning and Karch are with the Lakeshore Chinooks in the Northwoods League.  There are others, but I'm not sure about what everyone else is doing...
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

Dave_2010

Thanks for the heads up. Usually the athletic department will publish a list sometime around mid-June but I haven't seen anything yet...hopefully soon.

Just ran across this story: http://www.northwoodsleague.com/Story.aspx?ArticleId=2159 ...Manning had a huge game (4/5, 3 RBI, 3 runs scored) and earned NWL player of the night honors yesterday.