• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bach Institute/Thrivent:

Started by setshot, October 18, 2013, 09:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

setshot

Have not heard much about  Valpo's Bach Institute,is it still in existence?I just transferred my "Choice Dollars" from Thrivent to Valpo. I trust many of you have done the same thing.GO VALPO! :thumbsup:

vu72

Quote from: setshot on October 18, 2013, 09:53:00 AM
Have not heard much about  Valpo's Bach Institute,is it still in existence?I just transferred my "Choice Dollars" from Thrivent to Valpo. I trust many of you have done the same thing.GO VALPO! :thumbsup:

Good man setshot!

Here is the latest from The Bach Institute and yes, it is active and well!  You'll note at the bottom of the announcement that the corporate sponsor is Aldi.  A Valpo grad is CFO of Aldi and undoubtedly had some sort of positive influence in the sponsorship decision.

http://www.valpo.edu/bach/
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Quote from: vu72 on October 18, 2013, 10:09:33 AMA Valpo grad is CFO of Aldi

I think that's been mentioned before, but I don't remember the exact connection.  Do you know who it is? Presumably Aldi's US operation or something, not Aldi international?

We're getting ready to start rehearsals on Bach's Magnificat and Vivaldi's Gloria, in a couple of weeks.  Come hear us on December 20!

Great to bring in the choir from Thomas Kirche too - should be very nice.

vu72

Quote from: agibson on October 18, 2013, 01:40:09 PM
Quote from: vu72 on October 18, 2013, 10:09:33 AMA Valpo grad is CFO of Aldi

I think that's been mentioned before, but I don't remember the exact connection.  Do you know who it is? Presumably Aldi's US operation or something, not Aldi international?

We're getting ready to start rehearsals on Bach's Magnificat and Vivaldi's Gloria, in a couple of weeks.  Come hear us on December 20!

Great to bring in the choir from Thomas Kirche too - should be very nice.

I'm pretty sure I was way off!  I can't find any reference to Aldi in the Valpo online archives but did find reference to Whole Foods and their Legal Counsel Valpo grad.  Here's the article:

http://www.valpo.edu/law/ms-roberta-lang-commencement-speaker-at-valparaiso-university-law-school
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

vufan75

Quote from: setshot on October 18, 2013, 09:53:00 AM

Yes sir. I have been directing my Choice Dollars to Valpo since that program started. I figure every little bit helps Valpo!

LaPorteAveApostle

Then it's probably just the "aldi is german" thing going on here.

obligatory:
Top Secret!: Lidl German
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 18, 2013, 05:00:20 PMThen it's probably just the "aldi is german" thing going on here.

The Aldi connection with the Bach Institute is new with the Thomas choir, as far as I know.  It may be that Aldi is helping underwrite a whole US tour for them, something like that. 

Happy to see it tough.  We like Aldi well, and go their frequently.  The style of store, and the products, bring back good memories of our time in Europe. 

They own Trader Joe's now too, more points for them!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: agibson on October 19, 2013, 02:09:51 PMThey own Trader Joe's now too, more points for them!
yeah, because there you can pay with CC.

i feel like bragging because we have the only TJ's in all of FL.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on October 19, 2013, 06:10:54 PMyeah, because there you can pay with CC.

Ah, I'd missed that Aldi plays it Costco style!  In truth, it's my wife who goes there frequently.  I may not have been inside one since I was a kid.  In France and Francophone Switzerland they were just getting ready to move into the area when we left.  But, we were regulars at other stores of a similar style (Lidl, etc.).

i feel like bragging because we have the only TJ's in all of FL.

I don't know if NW Indiana's ever going to make it.  It might take significant demographic shifts, and maybe a couple of decades.  Mishawaka, or thereabouts, has one.  And, there's one or more around Indy. 

From Valpo it's to the north side of Chicago, or out to the SW suburbs, or now to Mishawaka.