• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Conference Tournaments

Started by valporun, March 09, 2011, 02:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Conference Tournaments Have You or Will You Watch/Listen To?

America East
1 (14.3%)
Atlantic 10
1 (14.3%)
Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC)
3 (42.9%)
Atlantic Sun
1 (14.3%)
Big 12
4 (57.1%)
Big East
4 (57.1%)
Big Sky
1 (14.3%)
Big South
1 (14.3%)
Big Ten
6 (85.7%)
Big West
1 (14.3%)
Colonial Athletic Association (CAA)
1 (14.3%)
Conference USA
0 (0%)
Great West
0 (0%)
Horizon League
8 (114.3%)
Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC)
1 (14.3%)
Mid-American Conference (MAC)
2 (28.6%)
MEAC
0 (0%)
Missouri Valley Conference (MVC)
4 (57.1%)
Mountain West Conference (MWC)
2 (28.6%)
Northeast
1 (14.3%)
Ohio Valley Conference (OVC)
1 (14.3%)
Pac-10
2 (28.6%)
Patriot League
1 (14.3%)
SEC
1 (14.3%)
Southern
1 (14.3%)
Southland
1 (14.3%)
Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC)
1 (14.3%)
Summit League
7 (100%)
Sun Belt Conference
1 (14.3%)
West Coast Conference (WCC)
2 (28.6%)
Western Athletic Conference (WAC)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

valporun

What are some of the other conference tournaments fans have paid attention to, whether on the men's or women's side? Thought it would be a fun way to see what people are doing this week in getting ready for the CBS side of March Madness. I've watched or listened to games from the Big East, America East, Southland, Horizon, Big 12, Patriot, Ivy, SWAC, and I'm definitely sure of a couple others I will add as the week plays out. I could have done a poll, but that means taking time away from the games. I may add one later though... HAPPY CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK!!!

valpo04

I've watched the Horizon, Summit and some of the Big East thus far... looking forward to the ACC, and the finale... the Big Ten.

Also, nice feature on this board is the ability to add a poll to a pre-existing thread if you choose to.  ;D

valpo04

StlVUFan

I always watch the Summit League tourney.  This year I watched most of it for free.  The only games that weren't on TV or on ESPN3.com were the Saturday games for the men and women and the Sunday women's games.

valporun

Is it just me, or do many of us complain about how easy the Big East schedules in non-conference, only to have it bite them in the butt during the conference season, but yet when it comes to the Big East Tournament, they have one of the most exciting tournaments of all the conference tournaments? I swear they have had so many games that left you dangling about how it was going to end, or who was going to win, but each game, for the most part has lived up to its expectations.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valporun on March 11, 2011, 01:00:07 AM
Is it just me, or do many of us complain about how easy the Big East schedules in non-conference, only to have it bite them in the butt during the conference season, but yet when it comes to the Big East Tournament, they have one of the most exciting tournaments of all the conference tournaments? I swear they have had so many games that left you dangling about how it was going to end, or who was going to win, but each game, for the most part has lived up to its expectations.

the cuse-uconn 6 ot game from 2 years ago came to mind... i remember being super pissed when that game got pulled from espn360.com where i was watching it on, after the 2nd ot.

rlh

Isn't it interesting, that so many of us do not like the double bye, and said so from day one....and yet in the Big 10 tournament they are talking about how the bye is hurting some of their teams.  Purdue and Wisconsin lost and Ohio State had to go overtime, and they all had the bye.  I guess it's all in how you look at it.....I still don't like the double bye and never will....but I found this interesting

StlVUFan

That's been one of my thoughts: how embarrassing is it to have the double-bye and then come out and lay an egg in the semis?  It's not *quite* all it's cracked up to be.

valporun

Quote from: StlVUFan on March 12, 2011, 01:22:02 PM
That's been one of my thoughts: how embarrassing is it to have the double-bye and then come out and lay an egg in the semis?  It's not *quite* all it's cracked up to be.

"Egg"-cellent observation, Stl!