• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

WSU loses exhibition

Started by wh, November 01, 2013, 08:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

WSU lost to Findlay tonight 80-76.  Last year WSU only gave up that many points twice in 36 games.  I know they have some injuries, but 4 of their main guys from last year played more than 30 min. ea.  They also committed 30 fouls.

motowntitan

I guess in WSU's defense is that Findlay is ranked #11 in DII.  Still, this is supposed to be the best of the Horizon League?  A little embarrassed we should be :-[

Reminds me of when Butler lost to Northern State in their last year in the HL.  The Butler faithful justified it by saying that Stevens was just tweaking things.  It really was a foreshadowing of their upcoming season.

classof2014

Definitely a bad loss for a team many people thought were the best of the best in the HL. It's still just an exhibition game and from someone who played sports at one point it's not the same to play in an exhibition game and I'm sure there was nothing more rewarding for a DII team than to knock off a good DI team. That said though, still an terrible way to start off a season that has such promise for the Raiders.

bbtds

Quote from: classof2014 on November 01, 2013, 10:15:08 PM
Definitely a bad loss for a team many people thought were the best of the best in the HL. It's still just an exhibition game and from someone who played sports at one point it's not the same to play in an exhibition game and I'm sure there was nothing more rewarding for a DII team than to knock off a good DI team. That said though, still an terrible way to start off a season that has such promise for the Raiders.

I'm sure Billy Donlon will use it as a wake up call to get his team ready for their first game of the regular season against Georgetown in DC.  ;D

I noticed that Findlay takes on the Dayton Flyers Saturday night at the Dayton Arena.

vu72

Donlon will need more than a wakeup call.  His team is pretty bad.  Get this: WSU is currently losing to flippin VMI by 20.  Presently VMI is ranked #302 in the Sagarins.  Ugh. :banghead:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

classof2014

Starting to look like last season was a flash in the pan.