• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Butler vs Oklahoma St

Started by FWalum, November 29, 2013, 02:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWalum

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Having an interesting time watching the Butler game with Ronald Nored.  I did not know that Ron has hitched his star to Brad Stevens and is now working for the Boston Celtics.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

HC

He does player development right? Great for him! Why though is this posted in the Valpo basketball section?

FWalum

Quote from: HC on November 29, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
He does player development right? Great for him! Why though is this posted in the Valpo basketball section?
Yes, doing player development with the Maine Red Claws.

Wasn't really sure where to put it.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

milanmiracle

Quote from: FWalum on November 29, 2013, 02:16:16 PM
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Having an interesting time watching the Butler game with Ronald Nored.  I did not know that Ron has hitched his star to Brad Stevens and is now working for the Boston Celtics.

That's cool. I watched that game, and a couple others by Butler. I have to say they're MUCH better than I expected.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

bbtds

Quote from: FWalum on November 29, 2013, 02:16:16 PM

Quote from: bbtds on August 20, 2013, 03:17:31 AMFor the most part Butler was 4th in the A-10 because of Rotnei Clarke & Roosevelt Jones. Now both are gone. I will say that Andrew Smith had some great games but he wasn't consistent through out the whole year. What Butler has not done is keep recruiting players that have made the difference between the Horizon League and the A10/Big East. There are no more Matt Howards, Gordon Haywards, Shelvin Macks, Ron Noreds (now on Celtics staff with Stevens / Brownsburg went 11-10 last season under Nored) or Shawn Vanzants. Butler has yet to recruit anyone of that quality since Roosevelt Jones.

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa