• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

VU Sports downtime...

Started by valpo04, June 01, 2011, 08:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo04

Just because we have entered the "slow" time of year for Valpo sports doesn't mean the board has to slowdown as well!  I strongly urge everyone to use the Off Topic board!  There are plenty of topics that can be discussed amongst the group!   :thumbsup:

milanmiracle

Really!?! We're encouraging me to comment more? Are you sure the summer heat hasn't gotten to you already? Just kidding.  ;D
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

dcvalpo

Quote from: milanmiracle on June 01, 2011, 03:13:08 PM
Really!?! We're encouraging me to comment more? Are you sure the summer heat hasn't gotten to you already? Just kidding.  ;D

I was thinking the same thing!!  About me, not about you!!

valpo04

Quote from: milanmiracle on June 01, 2011, 03:13:08 PM

We did have a heat index of 107 here yesterday... 

valporun

Is someone trying to stir the pot again, or just waiting for me to have some time to post something? Sure, I haven't posted enough new stuff lately, but other than baseball, there hadn't been a whole lot to post. In terms of track, I'm still trying to figure out why the coaches aren't getting recruits that could have given Mickens and Smith more teammates to go to meets and make some noise with. Ever since we left the Mid-Con/Summit, we haven't really had many big names in track or cross country, besides Laura Rolf, Steve Bartholomew, and Jarrett Mickens. I don't know if that's a problem with coaching, money, a lack of track, or track recruits wanting to go to a competitive team? I know Tyler Wingard made recruiting a beginning of the school year priority, as we would spend a few nights right away helping him stuff envelopes to send to just about every current senior who qualified for their respective state meet the previous year. I just haven't had as much excitement about track or cross country in recent years.