• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

FLAMEOUT 2014

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, January 24, 2014, 03:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Quote from: valpotx on February 17, 2014, 12:31:38 PMBaseball obviously lost our HC to the University of Richmond for this season, and a few of the assistants received jobs at larger schools, with Coach Schmack getting the Valpo HC job

That's what I'm saying, with success of our programs our coaches may be poached.... 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

Perfectly fine by me if it happens every 5 years or so, as that means we continue to win :).  It's rare for successful mid-major programs to keep coaches around if they continually win
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpotx on February 17, 2014, 01:05:52 PMIt's rare for successful mid-major programs to keep coaches around if they continually win
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

wh

I'm pulling for UIC to win at least 1 of their remaining 3 games.  I don't want to see them carry over a 16-game losing streak to next year and have their name on some national losing streak list. Not good for them or for the league.

Correction: They would be carrying over a 19-game losing streak, including their last 3 OOC games.

Correction of the correction  :): Forgot about the tourney. Conceivably, they could carry over a 20-game losing streak.  Anyway, hopefully my original thought still makes sense... ;)

oklahomamick

agree with wh.  I think it will be against Oakland. 
CRUSADERS!!!

Kyle321n

I kind of want to see them lose out then win a game in the tourney. Just for chaos.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

oklahomamick

Speaking of UIC.  I was listening to NPR radio this morning and they reported that UIC professors are on a two day strike.  Can anyone from the Chicago area confirm this?
CRUSADERS!!!

Kyle321n

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 20, 2014, 10:31:24 AMSpeaking of UIC.  I was listening to NPR radio this morning and they reported the UIC professors are on a two day strike.  Can anyone from the Chicago area confirm this?

I can't because I don't watch the news, but google can confirm it
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

LaPorteAveApostle

As of 2/22/13
Record: 0-14 (2004 CSU 0-16)
(realtime)RPI: 323/349 (bottom 7.4%) (2005 YSU 1.8%)
Avg scoring margin: -9.9 (2005 YSU -13.2 ppg)
BEST CHANCE OF WINNING: 32% vs. WSU
WORST CHANCE OF WINNING:  19% @ Milw
THING THEY ARE LIKE:  LOOK OUT BELOW CHI-TOWN

BONUS RPI FACTAGE

probability of auto-bid: 0.01%

probability of losing out: 47.34%

rpi if that happens: 329 (bottom 5.7%)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

justducky

Quote from: Kyle321n on February 19, 2014, 11:47:25 AMI kind of want to see them lose out then win a game in the tourney. Just for chaos.
Sometimes chaos is good. Until recently I thought they could pick up a couple wins but I have just thrown in the towel.

Could somebody remind me why we didn't try to convince the MVC to grab the Flames and not the Ramblers?

wh

Quote from: justducky on February 23, 2014, 11:05:00 PM
Quote from: Kyle321n on February 19, 2014, 11:47:25 AMI kind of want to see them lose out then win a game in the tourney. Just for chaos.
Sometimes chaos is good. Until recently I thought they could pick up a couple wins but I have just thrown in the towel.

Could somebody remind me why we didn't try to convince the MVC to grab the Flames and not the Ramblers?

What difference would it make?  Both teams are in last place. 

Milwaukee made a nice turnaround from a down year. Hopefully, the Flames can do the same next year.

LaPorteAveApostle

bbtds