• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

GB @ CSU, 2/15

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, February 13, 2014, 10:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should we root for Saturday night?  (Besides Valpo, duh.)

GB
2 (25%)
CSU
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 15, 2014, 10:12:41 PM

LaPorteAveApostle

Tonight had the feel of a sectional semifinal where what happened was everything that was expected, and sets up the doozy for Saturday night.

The winner has the inside track to host the conference championship.

My question to you, the 7-4 Crusader fan, is this:  who do we root for?

a)  10-2 GB, because then we have a better shot at our more realistic goal (2nd seed and double bye)--passing CSU

or

b)  9-3 CSU, because then we have a decent shot at the best goal (championship), with just a game behind both teams--each of whom we still get to play...

thoughts?
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

I would say that we root for CSU, to get both teams 3 losses.  If we somehow beat both of them in the second games, all end up with 4 losses.  I believe that we would win the tie-breaker for the 1 seed, since we would be 3-1 versus them, CSU would be 2-2, and GB would be 1-3.
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

Gotta go with Tex. You're in it to win it. A win by CSU means we control our own destiny toward earning the No. 1 seed. That said I don't have much confidence that we will beat either team after the Detroit loss at home only a week ago. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.

HC

who wouldn't want to control their own destiny? I'm hoping CSU takes down GB, and that they both beat the tar out of each other doing so. I don't think we will go unbeaten down the stretch here, heck Saturday nights game is not going to be a cake walk probably (even though several of us are predicting a double digit win) but a GB loss could sure make this more interesting!

oklahomamick

Not a close game....Green Bay up by 20 with 10 minutes left.  CSU is not on their "A" game.  Doesn't even look like their "B" game. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

We control our own destiny in regards to the bye and 2 seed now!
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valpotx on February 13, 2014, 11:03:07 PMI would say that we root for CSU, to get both teams 3 losses. 
Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2014, 06:46:00 PMWe control our own destiny in regards to the bye and 2 seed now!
i believe you're what The Killers refer to as "Mr. Brightside"
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Wasn't necessarily saying I was super excited about it, just pointing out that it is really our highest possible position now ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpotx on February 15, 2014, 08:07:43 PM
Wasn't necessarily saying I was super excited about it, just pointing out that it is really our highest possible position now ;)
It's our highest realistic position now.  It is *not* our highest possible position.

Signed,
Mr. Nitpicker