• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

YSU game start time

Started by Chairback, February 17, 2014, 07:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairback

Has the start time been changed to 3pm for the home YSU game?  The NWItimes ad in the paper says 7pm but the valpoathletics site says 3pm.

chef

The start time was changed to 3pm because of TV. Has there ever been a time change because of radio?

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: chef on February 17, 2014, 07:29:37 PMHas there ever been a time change because of radio?
No but there should be.

GATHER 'ROUND THE VICTROLA Y'ALL MISTER EYE COW BE SPEAKIN

I'm seriously you guys.  When was the last time you got quality coverage from a tee-vee?  This side of Gus Johnson, obv.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpospartan

Quote from: chef on February 17, 2014, 07:29:37 PM
The start time was changed to 3pm because of TV. Has there ever been a time change because of radio?
:lol:

wh

Does the 3 p.m. time slot give us TV coverage we weren't going to have, or is it the other way around?

humbleopinion

I hope they change the advertisement.  People believing that the game starts two hours after it's over cannot help attendance!
Beamin' Beacons

talksalot

It's still wrong on the HL website schedule... 

classof2014

I know they made numerous announcements during both the Detroit and Oakland games. Although, it had no way of reaching the people who weren't at the game.

wh

Quote from: talksalot on February 17, 2014, 09:15:20 PM
It's still wrong on the HL website schedule... 

For future reference, a set of leadership 101 questions that someone in the Athletic Department might want to try:

"Just learned that our start time has changed. Who do we need to notify and what changes need to be made to properly communicate the earlier time slot to our stakeholders?  Who is going to do it?  When will it be done?  Who is going to track progress/completion?"

Response from anyone who cares even in the slightest:

"Already on it boss."

Is it any wonder that attendance continues in a downward spiral when even something as simple as a start time change can't be made without some glaring omission?

justducky

Quote from: chef on February 17, 2014, 07:29:37 PMHas there ever been a time change because of radio?
I think maybe one of President Roosevelts Fireside Chats got delayed because of the NBC Radio Comedy Hour and not the other way around, but I doubt if you would want to take VU basketball head to head against Jack Benny either.

valpopal

I can't explain the error at the Horizon League web site, which should have been updated since the Horizon League definitely has knowledge and would have approved the scheduling change. Can't blame the Valpo Athletics folks for that mistake.

Additionally, the 3:00 game time is listed on the Valparaiso Athletics page schedule, and it was announced at the recent games. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if the Athletic Department notified the media as well about the time change but an old ad was accidentally run by the newspaper. I am sure Valpo folks saw the ad and will be making certain a new ad or two will be run this week.

humbleopinion

The ad is correct in today's newspaper.
Beamin' Beacons

valpopal

The Cleveland State game has also been moved to 3 p.m. Both games will be televised on Comcast SportsNet:

The Valparaiso men's basketball home game against Cleveland State on Saturday, March 1 has been selected as the wildcard broadcast for Horizon League Network Regional TV, moving the game time to 3 p.m.

agibson

Quote from: valpopal on February 18, 2014, 09:36:55 AM
The Cleveland State game has also been moved to 3 p.m. Both games will be televised on Comcast SportsNet:

The Valparaiso men's basketball home game against Cleveland State on Saturday, March 1 has been selected as the wildcard broadcast for Horizon League Network Regional TV, moving the game time to 3 p.m.

Ah - nice.  First I've heard of this one.  It was originally announced as TBA?

I'm pleased for another matinee.  My wife's out of town, but the kids and I should be able to make it. 

It is the first day of spring break, of course - so probably not much of a student section.

historyman

GAME TIME:  3:00 p.m. Central Standard Time

Just a reminder.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

atkins

I have Charter Cable.  Game is on EPPV1 channel.  Cost of broadcast is "$82.99 + fees/taxes".   Yikes!!! :o  I wonder how high the "fees/taxes" are???

Yes, I like Valpo basketball and watch when I am able, but that cost is ridiculous.

:crazy:

valpotx

Fun game to watch, pretty tense feeling all game.  Good win to head into the last 2 games, hopefully giving us confidence at a tough Nutter Center. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on February 22, 2014, 04:57:08 PMtough Nutter Center.
And sometimes Wright St can be a tough Nutter to crack.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

Chairback

Quote from: atkins on February 22, 2014, 02:51:49 PMhave Charter Cable.  Game is on EPPV1 channel.  Cost of broadcast is "$82.99 + fees/taxes".   Yikes!!! :o  I wonder how high the "fees/taxes" are??? Yes, I like Valpo basketball and watch when I am able, but that cost is ridiculous.

Maybe it was a "premium" game for them.....