• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Sports Marketing and what Mark Cuban learned from SMU Basketball

Started by oklahomamick, March 04, 2014, 10:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

This is Mark Cuban's blog.  His two cents on Sports Marketing and what he learned from SMU Basketball this week. Might work with Valpo. 

http://blogmaverick.com/2014/02/23/my-2-cents-on-sports-marketing-and-what-i-learned-from-smu-basketball-this-week/
CRUSADERS!!!

valporun

I have to agree that the atmosphere of a game is more important as a "getaway" from the norm for families and individuals. So many are looking for places to get away from Facebook, Twitter, and all the other mobile ways to be involved in a game. They want to participate and remember what they saw or heard, not relive it through pictures, tweets, and Facebook updates, because they can do that when they get home. They want to have something to talk about/remember on the car ride home or in the postgame stop for burgers, cokes, drinks. Cuban is heads above where most of the owners are now with this. The money is in the experience, not in the flashy jumbotrons and pyrotechnics that so many teams think makes the game experience better. Keep the conveniences of ordering food on your phone or all that to those who feel like money is no object. The casual fan budgets their experience because they want to remember the family experience, not how many beers they consumed or how much money they shouldn't have spent.