• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Lebron James and negativity

Started by wh, June 13, 2011, 07:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

In watching games between teams I don't normally root for, at some point I find myself rooting for one team over the other rather than just remaining neutral.  The Dallas-Miami series was no different.  I pulled for Dallas from beginning to end.  More accurately, I should say I was pulling AGAINST Miami from beginning to end, which is something I normally try NOT to do.  I know it may sound like six of one/half dozen another, but rooting for someone to lose always seems to generate a lot more negative feelings.  In the case of Miami I just couldn't help myself.  For whatever reason the whole Lebron thing last summer really bothered me.  I have to admit it made me feel pretty good when they lost last night.  Here I am delighting in someone else's misery, which cannot be good.  Can it? 

sectionee

Normally no, but in this case we can all make an exception.  LBJ has brought all of this upon himself.  The first step to improving his image would be to fire his current PR man (probably himself) and hire Phil Jackson as his personal life coach.

vuweathernerd

i don't know if it can be good or not, but i'm right there with you. though i think it was more rooting against lebron than against the heat. but that's just me. i thought he showed an extreme lack of intelligence and class, among other things, last year when he allowed espn to blow his decision to go to miami out of proportion. i was pulling for him and for cleveland before, but now i just can't support him at all.

sectionee

I really like the new Allstate commercial were they give Baby Bron Bron his binky.  

valpo04

Quote from: sectionee on June 14, 2011, 10:41:54 AM
I really like the new Allstate commercial were they give Baby Bron Bron his binky. 

Must not be too effective of a commercial though... since its State Farm  ;)

State FarmĀ® Commercial - "Magic Jingle LeBron's Rumble"

sectionee

It got it's point across, Bron is a baby!  haha, good catch.  :P

DMvalpo18

i agree with ee. lebron is responsible for "the decision" and handing himself a championship last summer.