• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Congrats Milwaukee

Started by wh, March 21, 2014, 09:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

In the interest of sportsmanship, I want to congratulate our Brew Town brothers.  Your team had a great run through the tournament and represented the Horizon League well last night against a very good opponent. I also want to commend Rob Jeter for returning your program to prominence far sooner than I'm sure any of us expected. Best wishes for continued success!   

vu72

Quote from: wh on March 21, 2014, 09:23:59 AM
In the interest of sportsmanship, I want to congratulate our Brew Town brothers.  Your team had a great run through the tournament and represented the Horizon League well last night against a very good opponent. I also want to commend Rob Jeter for returning your program to prominence far sooner than I'm sure any of us expected. Best wishes for continued success!   

Agree, they had a great run and made the rest of us look bad in doing so.  The Horizon is now down to Wright State, who plays Ohio this Saturday. CSU and us lose by 2 in the first round, GB gets dumped in the first round as well, and Milwaukee makes it to the second round!  Not really much on which to hangs ones hat.

Next year will be very interesting with the POY returning, Green Bay will be very tough.  Milwaukee returns three of their top six guys so won't be any pushover and CSU is loaded.  Oh, and there's us.  I expect a much improved Out of Conference result, if, and it's a big if, our teams can actually be willing to play those games and of course, if "those teams" will be willing to take on top notch Horizon League teams.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: vu72 on March 21, 2014, 10:39:26 AMand Milwaukee "makes it" to the "second round"!
fixed it for you

way to turn it around in just a year, panthers!
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on March 21, 2014, 10:39:26 AM
Quote from: wh on March 21, 2014, 09:23:59 AM

Agree, they had a great run and made the rest of us look bad in doing so.  The Horizon is now down to Wright State, who plays Ohio this Saturday. CSU and us lose by 2 in the first round, GB gets dumped in the first round as well, and Milwaukee makes it to the second round!  Not really much on which to hang one's hat.

Next year will be very interesting with the POY returning, Green Bay will be very tough.  Milwaukee returns three of their top six guys so won't be any pushover and CSU is loaded.  Oh, and there's us.  I expect a much improved Out of Conference result, if, and it's a big if, our teams can actually be willing to play those games and of course, if "those teams" will be willing to take on top notch Horizon League teams.

Just to add a little detail:

Villanova (Big East) 73 - UWM 53 (NCAA)
Belmont (OVC) 80 - UWGB 65 (NIT)
Ohio (MAC) 64 - CSU 62 (CIT))
Columbia (IVY) 58 - Valpo 56 (CIT)
Wright State 73 - East Carolina (C-USA) 59 (CIT)
WSU v. Ohio (Saturday 2PM EST) Last meeting:WSU lost to OU 2011-12 by 28