• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Milwaukee at Wright State HL Championship Tuesday 3/11/14 6:00 p.m. CDT

Started by historyman, March 11, 2014, 06:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3uge

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 17, 2014, 08:28:16 PM
you forgot purdue cal ;)

a3, never get tired of looking at that map.  hats off.

Except it angers me because I deleted the svg of it and can't edit it :(

Also, I would think Brown Mackie would be on HL's radar before PCC... Heard they're building a new 6,000 seat arena.

bbtds

Quote from: a3uge on March 17, 2014, 04:30:56 PMMurray State enjoys the football, and Belmont just moved.

Belmont officially joined the Ohio Valley on July 1, 2012. Just don't tell Butler it's too soon to switch conferences. Maybe switching conferences before you become too attached and make it harder to leave is the way to go.

a3uge

Quote from: bbtds on March 20, 2014, 03:47:23 PM
Quote from: a3uge on March 17, 2014, 04:30:56 PMMurray State enjoys the football, and Belmont just moved.

Belmont officially joined the Ohio Valley on July 1, 2012. Just don't tell Butler it's too soon to switch conferences. Maybe switching conferences before you become too attached and make it harder to leave is the way to go.

Moving from the A10 to the New Big East is a little different money-wise than jumping between mid major conferences. The Butler switch netted them $$$. A move from the OVC would likely result in early exit penalties.

LaPorteAveApostle

in case anyone thought i would comment on jordan aaron's night tonight, i am not going to. 

i might comment on how i was actually hoping for ASU to win--not for Richie, but so that Michigan could be the one to send them home :)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

historyman

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 20, 2014, 11:05:10 PMin case anyone thought i would comment on jordan aaron's night tonight, i am not going to. 
I see what you did there. The old "no comment" comment.  ;)
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: historyman on March 21, 2014, 01:13:15 PMI see what you did there. The old "no comment" comment.
If you're accusing me of using the ancient rhetorical trope of praeteritio, then you're wrong.

That would be more like,
"I'm not going to comment on all the reports of Sen. Kennedy being a lecher and a drunk.  I'm not even going to bring up the fact that my opponent is the ONLY politician with a Confirmed Kill in the War On Women.  Instead, I'd like to talk about the issues..."

THAT would be praeteritio. :)
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Uh, he was almost perfect:  1-15 FGs, 0-7 3pt.FGs.  Spoiled it with 4-4 on FTs.  (In case any readers didn't get the memo.)

FWalum

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 21, 2014, 02:03:40 PM
Quote from: historyman on March 21, 2014, 01:13:15 PMI see what you did there. The old "no comment" comment.
If you're accusing me of using the ancient rhetorical trope of praeteritio, then you're wrong.

That would be more like,
"I'm not going to comment on all the reports of Sen. Kennedy being a lecher and a drunk.  I'm not even going to bring up the fact that my opponent is the ONLY politician with a Confirmed Kill in the War On Women.  Instead, I'd like to talk about the issues..."

THAT would be praeteritio. :)
This just SLAYED me.  :lol:
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

historyman

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 21, 2014, 02:03:40 PM
If you're accusing me of using the ancient rhetorical trope of praeteritio, then you're wrong. That would be more like, "I'm not going to comment on all the reports of Sen. Kennedy being a lecher and a drunk.  I'm not even going to bring up the fact that my opponent is the ONLY politician with a Confirmed Kill in the War On Women.  Instead, I'd like to talk about the issues..." THAT would be praeteritio. :)
Yep, exactly what I was thinking---that word "praeteritio" was on the tip of my tongue as I was typing that response. As I'm sure most of the other posters were thinking of the word "praeteritio" when the read my response. What other word could I have been thinking of?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: historyman on March 21, 2014, 11:11:44 PMWhat other word could I have been thinking of?
Certainly no other, on a board this erudite, I'm sure.

vu72

The Horizon is now officially done.  WSU loses by 2 to Ohio, as did CSU.   :(
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015