• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Milwaukee Basketball Banned from Postseason Play Next Year

Started by valpopal, April 09, 2014, 05:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck A

Quote from: wh on April 11, 2014, 08:29:01 PM
From this exchange on the UIC board, it looks like they could be next:

Poster #1:

The obvious next question: where does UIC stand?

I know we lost a scholarship due to a low score in 2010-11. That would be part of the rolling 4-year average.

This year's APR is based on the 09-10 through 12-13 seasons.

Poster #2:

09-10: 905
10-11: 915
11-12: 900
12-13: ?

I'm sure if there's bad news it will be made public just before the spring signing period begins.

I'm starting to rethink my support for Valpo remaining in the HL.  If Missouri State moves to the Sun Belt, it could reopen an opportunity to move to the MVC.  That said, I recall that last year's MVC search committee was highly unimpressed with our present athletic facilities - and the lack of a commitment by the university to enhancements beyond a long term wish list.  Basically, nothing has changed since.  I doubt that they would be impressed that the university has committed to installing a new track.  Men's basketball is the straw that stirs the drink.   

Okay, now why don't you go back to our message board and post the response from uic105. We are not in danger of a post season ban because we have quality students. Jimmy Collins, at the end, almost destroyed the Flames' hoops program. When he left, he did so when it was too late for Howard  Moore to sufficiently recruit. He was stuck with some of Collins' recruit and it took a while to weed them out and bring in quality student-athletes. The '12-'13 season is more of what I would expect from the Team going forward.

I don't know about Milwaukee or even Valpo for that matter, but I do know that UIC is a quality university that is a top 70 research institution and is listed as one of the top universities in the world that is 50 years old or less. Everybody has their opinion and I get that, but let's get some good background first.

LaPorteAveApostle

I'm no math prof, but if those are in fact their three APR, then nothing short of a perfect 1000 from '12-13 would bring their 4-year average up to 930.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

wh

Quote from: Chuck A on May 16, 2014, 06:19:38 AM
Quote from: wh on April 11, 2014, 08:29:01 PM
From this exchange on the UIC board, it looks like they could be next:

Poster #1:

The obvious next question: where does UIC stand?

I know we lost a scholarship due to a low score in 2010-11. That would be part of the rolling 4-year average.

This year's APR is based on the 09-10 through 12-13 seasons.

Poster #2:

09-10: 905
10-11: 915
11-12: 900
12-13: ?

I'm sure if there's bad news it will be made public just before the spring signing period begins.

I'm starting to rethink my support for Valpo remaining in the HL.  If Missouri State moves to the Sun Belt, it could reopen an opportunity to move to the MVC.  That said, I recall that last year's MVC search committee was highly unimpressed with our present athletic facilities - and the lack of a commitment by the university to enhancements beyond a long term wish list.  Basically, nothing has changed since.  I doubt that they would be impressed that the university has committed to installing a new track.  Men's basketball is the straw that stirs the drink.   

Okay, now why don't you go back to our message board and post the response from uic105. We are not in danger of a post season ban because we have quality students. Jimmy Collins, at the end, almost destroyed the Flames' hoops program. When he left, he did so when it was too late for Howard  Moore to sufficiently recruit. He was stuck with some of Collins' recruit and it took a while to weed them out and bring in quality student-athletes. The '12-'13 season is more of what I would expect from the Team going forward.

I don't know about Milwaukee or even Valpo for that matter, but I do know that UIC is a quality university that is a top 70 research institution and is listed as one of the top universities in the world that is 50 years old or less. Everybody has their opinion and I get that, but let's get some good background first.

I just checked the same UIC thread I got the quote from - Academic Progress Review - and there is no response by uic105, or anyone else for that matter.  Are you referring to an off topic comment I just found buried in a totally unrelated recruiting thread, in which 105 said her/his husband and/or trusted sources told her/him that APR shouldn't be problem going forward?  For your sake (and ours) I hope they are correct.   

Chuck A

Yeah, that's the one. We're out of danger because of the two-year higher average requirement that the team met. This, however, is the last year for that as from now on APRs will be only on a 4-year average.

We all are just grateful that Coach Moore has changed the culture around Flames hoops.

valporun

Abilene Christian's APR won't impact postseason actions for their basketball program because ACU is still going through the "Transition to D-I to D-II", meaning that their APR won't affect their postseason eligibility, as they can't go to any postseason tourneys because they aren't a full D-I member school yet.