• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Campus photos Aug 2014

Started by 78crusader, August 10, 2014, 02:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78crusader

Here is a recent picture I took of Beacon Hall.  I like the detail the administration put into this building, as evidenced by the VU Shield in this photo. 

Paul

valporun

78crusader, unless I'm missing something, where is the picture you took?

historyman

Quote from: valporun on August 10, 2014, 03:13:07 PM78crusader, unless I'm missing something, where is the picture you took?

There must be something wrong with your computer or it's ability to process pictures.

That is a beautiful photo of Beacon Hall. I especially like the VU Shield and the In Luce Tua Videmus Lucem (in thy light we see light) in the stone above the window.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

okinawatyphoon

I also don't see any images.  ???
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

VULB#62

LaPorteAveApostle

I suggest adjusting your contrast or brightness.

Looks spot-on here, bbtds.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Make sure that the monitor is powered up, as well
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

I run a Macbook Pro and a Lenovo W530 Windows laptop. Both run external monitors.  Both are pretty powerful, but neither of them show me 78's Beacon Hall snapshot. Plus there is absolutely no visual indication that a photo even exists -- lots of time you'll get an icon of sorts that you can't open, but not here.

valpotx

It's a sight to behold.  The amazing detail presented in the photo gives you a real sense of what Beacon Hall looks like :).  Much appreciated!
"Don't mess with Texas"

okinawatyphoon

I'm also on a Mac and can't see the image. Like 62 said, there doesn't even appear to be a broken link or anything there. If any sort of common image hosting service was used, it should show up no problem. Paul, how is the image hosted?
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

78crusader

I must have screwed this up somehow.  I will try again.  I took many pics while I was on campus.  I will say that campus has never looked better.  Many activities going on while I was there -- kids getting tours, workers on the track and chapel addition, several joggers/walkers, football players returning from practice, and two nice ladies putting in new roses and other plantings in front of the union.  WH, I think, said it best --the campus used to have a "tired" look to it, but no more. 

Paul

78crusader

Maybe this is the problem --valpopal says to click on the "insert image" icon at the top of the message box.  I don't see this icon.  There is an "Attachments and other options" line at the bottom, though.  Any thoughts from anyone?

Paul

VULB#62

Directly under the B = Bold button, Paul.

StlVUFan

I can't see any images either on this thread, but there's another possibility in my case: firewall issues regulating (intentionally or accidentally) the display of images.  I've had trouble getting the banner at the top to display (though that was on my home computer, so it might also be a resources issue -- my computer is OLD).

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

Sorry, I'm not seeing the picture of Beacon Hall either. I really don't know what you guys are imaging you're seeing. Must be a joke on someone's part.

valpotx

The way that the light hits the building is purely spectacular.  What type of lens did you use?
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Okay, I'll fess up. You guys were good though. For a while there I thought the joke was on me because there really might have been a picture there.

Of course, 78, when most people try and post a picture and it doesn't show up they delete the post or at least follow up with a second post saying they had obviously made an error.

Now here's a real nice photo I took of Beacon Hall

"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

78crusader

Valpopal-- but I DID follow up with a post admitting that I had screwed up!  I really do intend to post some photos, now that I know how to do it, but this darn law practice of mine keeps interfering with finding time enough to post these pictures..

LaPorteAveApostle

i have a solution!  bill the forum for your hours.

on second thought don't.

valpopal

Quote from: 78crusader on August 12, 2014, 01:53:40 PM
Valpopal-- but I DID follow up with a post admitting that I had screwed up!  I really do intend to post some photos, now that I know how to do it, but this darn law practice of mine keeps interfering with finding time enough to post these pictures..

You've got the wrong guy, 78. I never posted a comment on this thread. I think you meant to address this to historyman.  ???

vu72

Quote from: historyman on August 12, 2014, 01:31:26 PM
Okay, I'll fess up. You guys were good though. For a while there I thought the joke was on me because there really might have been a picture there.

Of course, 78, when most people try and post a picture and it doesn't show up they delete the post or at least follow up with a second post saying they had obviously made an error.

Now here's a real nice photo I took of Beacon Hall

Very foggy!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

LaPorteAveApostle

I can still make out the blue stained glass window in the center though

bbtds

It looks like the fog has cleared.