• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Proud to Be Valpo

Started by VULB#62, September 17, 2014, 06:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Just wanted to get this out of my head/heart.

I am very proud of the people on this forum, because it reflects a deep and broad appreciation for what the Valpo athletic program (as well as  the the university in general, not to mention the world at hand) is meant to convey -- it's part of a bigger picture.  You guys  look at the bigger picture and the dialogues are so stimulating (even Setshot's digs).  Yeah, we disagree at times, and sometimes we go a little over the top, but generally this is a place on the internet where I feel very much at home. 
Thanks,
Bud

vu72

Quote from: VULB#62 on September 17, 2014, 06:33:28 PM
Just wanted to get this out of my head/heart.

I am sery proud of the people on this forum, because it reflects a deep and broad appreciation for what the Valpo athletic program (as well as  the the university in general, not to mention the world at hand) is meant to convey -- it's part of a bigger picture.  You guys  look at the bigger picture and the dialogues are so stimulating (even Setshot's digs).  Yeah, we disagree at times, and sometimes we go a little over the top, but generally this is a place on the internet where I feel very much at home. 
Thanks,
Bud

Thanks for the appreciation and certainly hope my comments are included!  I agree totally on the quality of the people on this board as I doubt very seriously that some of the discussions posted here would ever make it to virtually any other sports forum.  There is a reason Valpo alumni and friends are as loyal as they are.  It has much to do with their individual experiences while students or members of the community.  To others it is the faith element blended with the academic challenges and perhaps being at a game where you left with your ears ringing!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

Here, here.

BTW, 72, posts like yours are what I was thinking about when I put mine up there.

bbtds

Need to be a little bit careful now.

VUOR63

Just wait until we are good again.  Any and all perspective will be lost.