• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Law School reference

Started by setshot, October 11, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

setshot

Shields Up! Saw the movie "THE JUDGE" and there is an unflattering character in the film that refers to himself as being a Valpo Law School.grad. Not a good referral for the Law School or its graduate. But then again,IMO, Valpo Law is second rate. Anyhow,you be "The Judge." >:(

bbtds

Quote from: setshot on October 11, 2014, 05:09:42 PM
Shields Up! Saw the movie "THE JUDGE" and there is an unflattering character in the film that refers to himself as being a Valpo Law School.grad. Not a good referral for the Law School or its graduate. But then again,IMO, Valpo Law is second rate. Anyhow,you be "The Judge." >:(

In this case no matter how degrading the reference is, any publicity is good publicity.

okinawatyphoon

I heard about that reference but haven't seen the movie itself. I agree though.....any publicity is good publicity.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

bbtds

A man named Nick Schenk wrote the original script for "The Judge."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Schenk

He is from Minneapolis and also wrote the script for "Gran Torino" which had a nice line about Lutherans. By the way, the only thing that Clint Eastwood changed about "Gran Torino" was the location (changed it from St Paul, which does have a Ford plant, to Detroit). Every line in Schenk's script was used except those pertaining to the Detroit location. Let's hear it for Schenk and Eastwood!!!!

Nick also co-wrote Robocop with 4 other writers.

Nick played the character of Butch the Janitor on the television series, Let's Bowl, during its initial syndicated run. He went on to be a writer for the series during its run on Comedy Central from 2001-2002. He also made appearances in small roles during this time.

http://www2.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=121007
Story on the writing of Gran Torino.

bbtds

I'm wondering if anyone from the Law School has sent Dax Shepard

a Valpo Law School t-shirt. He's the kind of guy who would wear it with pride. He's from the Detroit area originally.