• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Oliver Luck takes new position with NCAA as VP of regulatory affairs

Started by bbtds, December 17, 2014, 11:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/12041034/ad-oliver-luck-leaving-west-virginia-mountaineers-become-executive-vice-president-regulatory-affairs-ncaa

Oliver Luck is resigning his athletic director job at West Virginia and joining the NCAA as the newly created position of VP for regulatory affairs. OL was the representative for the Big XII on the football selection committee. The Big XII will appoint a new representative to the selection committee in the spring.

I'm sure that Oliver is moving to Indianapolis for purely selfless reasons. There is no way the fact that his son is quarterback of the Colts has anything to do with taking this job.

LaPorteAveApostle

I will say this for West Virginia:  oliver luck just ran out.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpotx

Just because I dislike Michigan and their arrogance so much, I hope that he spurns them for the Raiders ;D.  Michigan fans still think that we live in the 1990s when they were relevant in football. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

too late, dude. it's a done deal.

and it's hard to be humble when you're from Michigan.

historyman

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on December 29, 2014, 07:41:00 AMtoo late, dude. it's a done deal. and it's hard to be humble not to fumble when you're from Michigan.

Fixed!
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

LAUGH NOW PUNKS

THE DAY OF HARBAUGH IS COMING

YOU WILL ALL BE HARBUNNING FOR COVHAR FROM THE ONSBAUGHT

WHILE CHEERS OF HARBALLUJAH RING FROM THE BLUE-CLAD HARTHRONGS

valpotx

Good luck with Michigan being relevant on a national scene again.  Even with Harbaugh, it is a major undertaking.  Gone are the days where Michigan can convince kids to come to Ann Arbor, selling a top program.  You will have a good coach, but...you are still in Michigan ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

not my prob i'm not in michigan ha ha

i must say, spring in michigan though?  mm-MM!!!

...probably the nicest two weeks of the year.

historyman

<a href="http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-A-10-2-3043">Former Michigan player: "Nearly half the team was stoned during Appalachian State loss"</a>

"There was a perception that we were going to be so good in '07 that everyone kind of thought the entire season was going to be a breeze, we would go undefeated for sure" said the former player.

Really..........hard.............to be humble.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

LaPorteAveApostle

"Chat sports" is not, nor has ever been, a reputable source. 

It makes Bleacher Report look like the Bible.

aauughhh...so sorry you made me say that, but chatsports makes me throw up in my mouth

bbtds

It is what it is. Michigan football for the last few years has not been very successful.

LaPorteAveApostle

For Michigan, maybe; still, a seven-year blip (in which we still went to four bowl games, including winning a BCS bowl) looks pretty good against 135 years of WHIPPING Y'ALLS' ASSES.