• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

definition of rivals

Started by bbtds, December 27, 2014, 09:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

"I thought he was just the person for the main subject of this movie."

"What hocking? I know nuttin' about hocking"

wh

My nephew and I saw "The Interview" today at the movie theater.  It seemed like a pretty easy way to show our support for one of America's treasured freedoms.  We were fully prepared to watch the worst movie of our lives, but it was actually pretty funny (in a low brow humor sort of way).  I can see why Kim Jong Un would be incensed.  He is depicted as highly unstable, a loose cannon, and all around buffoon who gets assassinated by a CIA plot. Not something an arrogant dictator with nuclear weapons would take kindly to.       

bbtds

Quote from: wh on December 27, 2014, 11:10:55 PM
My nephew and I saw "The Interview" today at the movie theater.  It seemed like a pretty easy way to show our support for one of America's treasured freedoms.  We were fully prepared to watch the worst movie of our lives, but it was actually pretty funny (in a low brow humor sort of way).  I can see why Kim Jong Un would be incensed.  He is depicted as highly unstable, a loose cannon, and all around buffoon who gets assassinated by a CIA plot. Not something an arrogant dictator with nuclear weapons would take kindly to.       

I watched it free online but I had to use the version with Korean subtitles.  ;D

I thought it would be the perfect copy to watch but apparently the South Koreans really loved this movie!!

valpotx

A different type of rivals:

You know that it is love, when your wife puts 2 t-shirts in your stocking for Christmas, that say 'Buck Futler' :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

StlVUFan

Quote from: wh on December 27, 2014, 11:10:55 PMIt seemed like a pretty easy way to show our support for one of America's treasured freedoms.
Meh.

I tend to save my "protest movie going" for more serious movies, like The Last Temptation of Christ (which was *not* threatened by foreign dictators, by the way, though it also was not threatened in the same way either).

I thought this whole controversy was stupid.  The movie's status was greatly elevated by the controversy and I wouldn't be surprised if the makers of the movie aren't laughing all the way to the bank.

bbtds

Quote from: StlVUFan on January 01, 2015, 01:33:55 PMThe movie's status was greatly elevated by the controversy and I wouldn't be surprised if the makers of the movie aren't laughing all the way to the bank.

The biggest deal that came out of the controversy with the movie, The Interview, was that releasing a movie online with a fee, if the movie owners can create a hype to go with the movie, can make a bunch of money online.