• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Howard Moore fired from UIC

Started by a3uge, March 10, 2015, 11:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo64

I am hearing that Brad Stevens will be the next coach at IU.  For some reason Crean has lost the admiration of a lot of IU's following. Sometime in the near future supposedly the cost of IU buying out Tom Crean drops significantly  Also heard that Stevens has 2 options out of his Celtics contract, Duke and IU.  Time will tell.

a3uge

Quote from: valpo64 on March 24, 2015, 01:18:50 PM
I am hearing that Brad Stevens will be the next coach at IU.

From who? Delusional IU fans?

covufan

Quote from: a3uge on March 24, 2015, 01:47:10 PM
Quote from: valpo64 on March 24, 2015, 01:18:50 PM
I am hearing that Brad Stevens will be the next coach at IU.

From who? Delusional IU fans?
I've actually seen Crean's name mentioned for the Alabama job.  Don't know if the info is accurate. 

valpo64

Delusional IU fans probably...however I guess there is also talk on campus.  It really surprises me that there is so much unhappiness with Crean.  A few months ago there was a rumor out that Mark Cuban offered to buy out Crean's contract himself.  Also some uneasiness that the Ath. Dir extended Crean's contract last year. Nothing like big time college athletics, huh?

a3uge

Quote from: valpo64 on March 24, 2015, 03:41:55 PM
Delusional IU fans probably...however I guess there is also talk on campus.  It really surprises me that there is so much unhappiness with Crean.  A few months ago there was a rumor out that Mark Cuban offered to buy out Crean's contract himself.  Also some uneasiness that the Ath. Dir extended Crean's contract last year. Nothing like big time college athletics, huh?

I wouldn't consider baseless speculation and spitballing as actual rumors.

historyman

QuoteI wouldn't consider baseless speculation and spitballing as actual rumors.

In this instance what is the definition of an "actual rumor?"
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

a3uge

Quote from: historyman on March 24, 2015, 08:51:01 PM
QuoteI wouldn't consider baseless speculation and spitballing as actual rumors.

In this instance what is the definition of an "actual rumor?"

Coming from some source in the know, something actually plausible - not just completely made up. For example...

Rumor: UWM is unhappy with Jeter and he might get canned. A radio personality in Milwaukee talked to Amanda Braun she didn't seem too supportive over the coach that was hired two athletic directors ago.

Not A Rumor: UAB is going to join the MVC. This hasn't come from a source or anything. Just some blog posts saying the MVC should add UAB if they get booted from CUSA.

valporun

In a matter of moments, ESPN3 will be airing the Steve McClain UIC introduction press conference. Originally slated for 10:30, according to the streaming menu, it should start at 10:45 or momentarily. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index just scroll down in 'Live Now'.