• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Regilious Freedom Act

Started by setshot, March 30, 2015, 07:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Some may find this informative:

The Catholic Church's take on the persecution of Christians

Insight from the archbishop of Washington, Cardinal Donald Wuerl

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4154874619001/the-catholic-churchs-take-on-the-persecution-of-christians-/?#sp=show-clips

vu84v2

There was also a very good article on CNN's website written by Cardinal Timothy Dolan and two others about how christians and those of other faiths are being perscuted and killed because of their faith. Clearly the acts of very bad and evil people.

An important queston is, "what should the US do?"

crusaderjoe

Quote from: valpotx on April 05, 2015, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: crusaderjoe on April 04, 2015, 09:01:44 AM
QuoteCompletely agree.  This 'new age' has become overly sensitive to anything that could be taken as discrimination.  I blame it on giving ribbons/awards to everyone that participates in an event, rather than the true 1 winner and everyone else is a loser model that we all grew up with

Quotetx, I agree, it's like giving out cookies and kool-aid after little league baseball games is the forever norm now. Heck, on Tuesday, when I go vote, I wouldn't shocked to see the opportunity to grab a cookie or cup of coffee on my way out of the library doors, even though that is illegal entice to skew the vote.

So I guess both of you feel that it was acceptable for Wichita East High School to disallow a student with Downs Syndrome from wearing an athletic jacket with a varsity letter on it simply because he didn't compete in recognized varsity competition?   See:

http://www.wfsb.com/story/28635455/ks-high-school-says-no-to-varsity-letter-for-special-needs-student

Or, what about the severely autistic student who, because of his profound manifestations of disability, cannot satisfy regular diploma requirements but instead earns an "IEP", "occupational", or some other alternate type of high school diploma?  Is that equivalent to awarding a ribbon to the 12th man on the deal team too?

Where do you draw the line between accommodation-like practices to prevent overt and covert discrimination and everyone getting milk and cookies? 

Seriously dude?  Completely different situations when you have someone with a true disability versus someone that is fully able and just isn't good at something.  Not worthy of a full response, since you went that direction...

Thank you for answering.  You don't need to provide a full response; you've already answered my question.