• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Prof. Carl Galow, RIP

Started by valpopal, April 10, 2015, 09:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

I know some alumni on this board may have had Prof. Galow as a teacher in Journalism/Communications. In addition, he often connected his subject with sports, and he served as the softball coach for a while; so, I thought I'd note his passing here. Carl was one of the good guys! For those in the area, I have been informed a memorial service will be held Sunday at 3 p.m. in Christ Lutheran Church, which is across from the high school. Tim Knauf will preside and Fred Niedner will preach.

talksalot

Thanks for posting that... "Pinky" was one of my advisors "back in the day"...and a good friend for many years after.  I'm sure he and Bette are dancing the night away in Heaven... right after they get the garden just-right.   Rest in Peace Carl.

agibson

And her's the full announcement from the university.

TO:          Campus Community                                                             
President

DATE:           April 10, 2015
      RE:          The Passing of Carl F. Galow Jr.

It saddens me to inform you that Carl F. Galow Jr., age 85, associate professor emeritus of communication, passed away Wednesday, April 8, 2015.

Carl was a graduate of Valparaiso University and held masters' and doctoral degrees from the University of Wisconsin and Oklahoma State University.  After serving Valparaiso University as sports information director, director of VU's Pocono Crest retreat, Dean of Men, director of VU's international study program at Cambridge University in England, and Associate Professor of Journalism, he retired in 1995.

A memorial service will be held at 3:00 p.m., Sunday, April 12, 2015, at Christ Lutheran Church, 2610 N. Campbell Street, Valparaiso, Indiana 46383 (219.462.6660). A reception in the Bow Bar at Strongbow Inn will follow.

Memorials may be made to Valparaiso University or to the Bette J. Galow Endowed Scholarship fund at Valparaiso University.

Please remember Carl's daughter and son-in-law, Martha and Tim Fuller, and their extended family in your prayers as they mourn their loss.

MAH/tb