• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

David Skara is transferring...

Started by Valpofan00, April 18, 2016, 09:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

M

Here are some DM's a friend got from the DBP Twitter account after bashing the Hutton story on Twitter....enjoy:

There wouldn't have been a Sweet 16 or countless NCAA births had Maravilla not recommended Valpo 20 years ago to all those Euros and Puerto Ricans . Including Ivan Vujic Who benefited ?! Valpo!
Take off your blinders and stop drinking the cool aid. Skara came to play for Bryce  not some 3rd year assistant . Ivan Vujic never considered Valpo ! He was offered a job  there .
Oren works for Valpo and his story is as one sided as it gets . Don't complain when Hutton is not a Valpo employee . He is doing his job!

Valpo wouldn't even be a blip on the radar screen if it wasn't for the Drew family and now you throw them under the bus! It's everyone else fault but the AD! Who is he! Made a great hire on women's basketball.

Skara is no pawn. He is a highly intelligent and talented student athlete who has offers from Clemson, GT, Richmond, Va Tech, TCU , Michigan. Why the hell would he want to play in the Horizon league in front of 2k fans in a high school gym when he can play in the best league in the country? What is so hard to understand about that? Do you really think Valpo without Bryce is a destination? Get a grip on reality ! Who have they signed ? Nobody ! 2 guys that Bryce had already recruited to Valpo.
Stop blaming all this on Don Bosco Prep !

Again these came directly from DBP earlier today.

agibson

That's a lot of DM's in response to a pretty short tweet. Maybe it's been building for a while.

Doesn't speak to the basic "most/many teams would prohibit players from following a coach who broke his contract and left" question. But, I guess that wasn't in the tweet directly.

This bit is interesting:
Ivan Vujic never considered Valpo ! He was offered a job  there .

Could be something for a reporter to look into.

valpotx

Hahaha, how petty of the person that responded from DBP.  We don't owe Maravilla a damn thing.  He is a piece of sh#t, and is probably the d-bag that responded with DMs on his own.  I highly doubt that Vujic was offered a position at Valpo, as he has absolutely no track record as a good coach or a recruiter.  He failed at DePaul and Northwestern, and will fail wherever he ends up next.  Skara will end up at one of those schools mentioned, and play 3rd player off the bench minutes, and will regret leaving.  He is not going to be a key contributor at any of those schools, unless he goes to a bottom dweller like TCU.
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

Quote from: M on May 22, 2016, 08:14:21 PM
Here are some DM's a friend got from the DBP Twitter account after bashing the Hutton story on Twitter....enjoy:

There wouldn't have been a Sweet 16 or countless NCAA births had Maravilla not recommended Valpo 20 years ago to all those Euros and Puerto Ricans . Including Ivan Vujic Who benefited ?! Valpo!
Take off your blinders and sitop drinking the cool aid. Skara came to play for Bryce  not some 3rd year assistant . Ivan Vujic never considered Valpo ! He was offered a job  there .
Oren works for Valpo and his story is as one sided as it gets . Don't complain when Hutton is not a Valpo employee . He is doing his job!

Valpo wouldn't even be a blip on the radar screen if it wasn't for the Drew family and now you throw them under the bus! It's everyone else fault but the AD! Who is he! Made a great hire on women's basketball.

Skara is no pawn. He is a highly intelligent and talented student athlete who has offers from Clemson, GT, Richmond, Va Tech, TCU , Michigan. Why the hell would he want to play in the Horizon league in front of 2k fans in a high school gym when he can play in the best league in the country? What is so hard to understand about that? Do you really think Valpo without Bryce is a destination? Get a grip on reality ! Who have they signed ? Nobody ! 2 guys that Bryce had already recruited to Valpo.
Stop blaming all this on Don Bosco Prep !

Again these came directly from DBP earlier today.

1. The fact that Maravilla may have sent players Valpo's way would be to his credit - until he used his relationship with the basketball program and the threat of pulling out "his" player as a bargaining chip for a coaching position for Vujic. Once he crossed that line, ml had no choice but to stand his ground. No ethical leader with a lick of sense would have done otherwise.
2. David was clearly a pawn, no matter what Maravilla claims. If Maravilla were an honest broker, he would have told David, "This has nothing to do with you. Stay at Valpo and make us all proud."  Instead, out of spite for ml he encouraged David to leave and is now pushing a false narrative that David made an independent decision to seek greener pastures.
3. Maravilla is a liar and a small man. He represents the worst of the sleazy underbelly of college basketball. The fact that Hutton has his head up Maravilla's butt tells me he lacks judgement and discernment at a minimum, or is seriously character-flawed like his Bosco buddies.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

a3uge

If Valpo is such a crappy place, what does that say about his client not being able to land a job here?

valpo95

VULB#62

Good!  Good luck David.  Let's all move on.

VU2014

Thank you! Finally over. I'm tired of hearing about that sleaze Maravilla.

sliman

I had forgotten that Brad Brownell, formerly of Wright State, is the coach.  Chances are Bryce gave David a good recommendation and I'm happy for David.  Looks like Clemson had a relatively young team and one that David can grow with.

wh

Clemson won 8 games against teams with a winning record. They are the worst house in a nice neighborhood.

a3uge

Downgrade for Skara. Be careful what you wish for...

valpotx

Glad that it is over as well.  He won't be a key contributor there, however, which is unfortunate for him. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Here's the funny part.  Valpo would have been ranked in the middle of the pack in the ACC at year end (Sagarin) and a head of Clemson. Valpo also soundly beat a Florida State team ranked higher then Clemson.

Here's the best part:  Skara needs to sit out a year.  When he is eligible the coach he went to play for (Brownell) may not even be there!!  Apparently he is on the hot seat:

https://rubbingtherock.com/2015/12/19/clemson-basketball-is-brad-brownell-on-the-hot-seat/

So much for moving up two basketball levels.  Great advice from his handlers.  Nicely done. :clap:  Can't wait to see how this turns out.   :popcorn:
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VULB#62

There will be a bit of a culture shock that he should be able to adjust to while sits out next season. Clemson is BIG in many respects -- enrollment, facilities and pressure. I quickly checked their current roster and they are big and deep at the 5 (2 6-10 and 1 7-0 returning).  Looks like a lot of guards but pretty lean at the 3 and 4 ---  probably why he commtted there. Dont know who were added as the 2016 recruiting class as freshmen either. I think if he were eligible immediately, i'd probably check on him from time to time next season. But he isnt, so by the Fall of 2017, David will probably not even be a memory. 

And, oh BTW, someone told me that Clemson is a football school. Really?

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on May 23, 2016, 07:07:40 PM
Here's the funny part.  Valpo would have been ranked in the middle of the pack in the ACC at year end (Sagarin) and a head of Clemson. Valpo also soundly beat a Florida State team ranked higher then Clemson.

Here's the best part:  Skara needs to sit out a year.  When he is eligible the coach he went to play for (Brownell) may not even be there!!  Apparently he is on the hot seat:

https://rubbingtherock.com/2015/12/19/clemson-basketball-is-brad-brownell-on-the-hot-seat/

So much for moving up two basketball levels.  Great advice from his handlers.  Nicely done. :clap:  Can't wait to see how this turns out.   :popcorn:

The poll in the article indicated that 76% of respondants said he was on the hot seat.  :coffeetime:

Chairback

What adult who has somewhat of a responsibility position posts that kind of crap on a "school" twitter account.  Seriously, something is not right there..

What kind of pawn deal did Clemson get offered? I'm sure we will figure it out eventually.

chef

fact: Maravilla told Lottich if he doesn't hire Vujic, Skara would leave.
fact: Lottich did not offer Vujic a job.
fact: The day after Lottich completed the hiring of his staff, Skara asked for his release.

ValpoFan

Why are we still in this thread? Last time I checked, Neither Maravilla nor Skara were associated with Valpo basketball.

Just Sayin

Quote from: ValpoFan on May 24, 2016, 01:04:21 AM
Why are we still in this thread? Last time I checked, Neither Maravilla nor Skara were associated with Valpo basketball.

Because adults want to talk about it on a discussion board. Are you the hall monitor who decides what people should and should not talk about?

valpo95

Quote from: ValpoFan on May 24, 2016, 01:04:21 AM

Well, the thread IS titled "David Skara is transferring...", so I guess it is OK to talk about a former player for a bit.

Seriously, I wish David all the best on his transfer. He could have been an integral part of the Valpo team next year. Time will tell how things work out for him at Clemson.

valpo64

Enough is enough!  We lost a class kid who could have been a very good player for us because of  of some bad influential people with whom he trusted. Now David is gone and let's forget about the other bad characters and get on with life.

FWalum

Quote from: valpo64 on May 24, 2016, 11:53:59 AM
Enough is enough!  We lost a class kid who could have been a very good player for us because of  of some bad influential people with whom he trusted. Now David is gone and let's forget about the other bad characters and get on with life.
Best of luck David.  I have a niece that goes to Clemson so I will probably check them out once David is actually playing. I think he will find a major role there as long as he can stay injury free.  We did not see what David was really capable of this year.  Really loved his game and will miss watching him in the Brown and Gold.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show