• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

GAME #7: Valpo @ USD - 10/19, 4pm cst

Started by VULB#62, October 12, 2019, 04:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

I am leaving on Monday for two weeks of vacation, so I thought I'd start the next game thread today.  I'm gonna miss following the Crusaders against USD and Stetson.   :(

GO VALPO!

usc4valpo

You stay classy, San Diego. I love Torero week reminiscing over one of my all time favorite movies.

IndyValpo

Did OG Russell get hurt last week. He has disappeared from the 2 deep.

Also wondering what happened to Cam Kelly. He played a lot the last 2 seasons.

valpofb16

Russell appears to be injured but is still with the team. Kelly was caught in some off the field issues a few times over the offseason. Two of the four players involved have left the program. He still remains.

usc4valpo

From the Channel 4 newsroom, Brick is predicting great weather in San Diego and Champ will provide the play by play - Whammy!!!!!!

Valpo is a 33 point dog and the Torero QB is a local Des Moines product. USD 49, Valpo 13, with like usual one of those TDs occurring during garbage time.

Post game at Tito's where Ron will play jazz flute.

IndyValpo

We drove over from Phoenix for the weekend. San Diego is a great place for a weekend. Coincidentally stayed in the team hotel and met Coach Fox.

USD is much better than us but having said that the offense gifted 2 TD's with turnovers and an extremely failed fake punt led to another. 2 blown coverages led to two more.

Not sure what a normal game day is like there but the announced crowd was around 1300 and Valpo was well represented.

A few Valpo parents seem to be experts and are pretty tiring to have to listen to all game but I suppose that is pretty normal these days.

We make plays here and there but obviously there are lots of holes.

OL started Zajac at OT and moved Byrd inside. Vas got injured late. Also Turner went down in the first half.

Reese had probably the catch of the year.

JD24

Valpo draws better than San Diego in attendance.

I was glad to see LaRose and Reese come up with some challenged catches. Overall it was a decent performance. San Diego just has different athletes than the rest of the PFL and the only chance they lose a league game will be if they have an off day and the opponent has a very good day and that includes the other recent top end teams of Drake and Dayton.

I'd like to see the QB step into a throw once in a while. He had some time yesterday and still is stepping sideways or off his back foot unnecessarily.

Into the games the team should be able to win some of. We'll see.

usc4valpo

And...Valpo moved up 3 spots in the Sagariin..we are currenlty out of the cellar!

football1960

finally they made 2 half adjustments, it was not a good first half . Reese made the catch of the year, QB made some tough runs to get the TDs broke of a few tacklers to get in.  the running backs finally got to some good holes and took off, it was nice to see that. lets see what the team does this weekend.

valpofb16

Always take San Diego, Drake, Dayton with a grain of salt.

That being said let's shoot for a couple of wins this season. Wonder how bad Turner is hurt.

Going to need a large recruiting class next season to build back the roster (at 91, 19 open roster spots already). Let's see what Fox does

usc4valpo

Indy - when I was at the Drake game, there were 2 parents roaming in the stands parallel to the sidelines screaming stuff to the officials. These guys seriously need a psychologist or a life, probably trying to live the triumphs from their kids. I can relate to your comments.

JD24

Parents are parents and it doesn't matter the level of football. They are going to squawk no matter what. I've accompanied parents of players in big time programs to games and sat amongst the families of players on the team and they whine, cry and scream just as much as any HS parent or PFL parent. If possible I attempt to avoid parents but sometimes it's tough pending available seating or standing room.