• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Jubril Adekoya and the Honor Council

Started by usc4valpo, December 30, 2016, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

We are in to February. Only 3 home games and 5 road games remain. We have played 14 games without Jubril and won 12 of them. INCREDIBLE  :o

Half the games we lost are without him.......

Maybe he had the athletics to defend the centers of Santa Clara at the 3 point line. 
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

No doubt in my mind that we would have beaten both Santa Clara and Oakland. Especially in the Oakland game, whoever guarded J or D never left the low post regardless of where J or D went.  A 1-man zone. The paint never opened up from beginning to end. 

At that time we were too inexperienced to make them pay. Not the case now.

agibson

Quote from: M on February 03, 2017, 12:11:44 PM
Bring him back for the tournament if they haven't heard anything.

Have to sit J for two. Give Jubril a chance to get used to his teammates. Also give Jubril a chance to play with J?

Hope to clinch by three or four, and start the process then?

humbleopinion

I can't verify, but word has come out that fifteen games is the number for Jubril to sit.  I guess we'll see next week.
Beamin' Beacons

oklahomamick

Exciting.  But that's how rumors start
CRUSADERS!!!

wh

Quote from: humbleopinion on February 04, 2017, 05:49:13 AM
I can't verify, but word has come out that fifteen games is the number for Jubril to sit.  I guess we'll see next week.

If rumor becomes reality:
27-4 regular season record
  3-0 HL tournament

30-4 total record
35 RPI
19-game win streak
10-12 seed

valpopal

I don't know if it has been established this is still something waiting for word from the Honor Council or there is a decision being made elsewhere, but since the Honor Council is in the title of the thread, it might be relevant that I hear the Honor Council has scheduled a number of hearings for today.

valpolaw

If the honor council waited all this time to have a hearing today, then what a joke.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

FWalum

Quote from: valpopal on February 04, 2017, 10:38:45 AM
I don't know if it has been established this is still something waiting for word from the Honor Council or there is a decision being made elsewhere, but since the Honor Council is in the title of the thread, it might be relevant that I hear the Honor Council has scheduled a number of hearings for today.
I don't believe that the Honor Council would have anything to do with determining the number of games a player would sit. This would be determined by Mark and others overseeing athletics using guidelines from precedent and "other" (read NCAA) sources.

Speculating, based on Mark's emphatic statements concerning Jubril's academic standing and GPA, that this may have nothing to do with Jubril's or Max's actual grades or academics, hence Max's quick return to the court, but maybe some other twist involving class/student interaction, helping the ex-manager, helping others....  I don't know anymore  :banghead: can we just get this over with!!!!!!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: wh on February 04, 2017, 08:32:11 AM
Quote from: humbleopinion on February 04, 2017, 05:49:13 AM

If rumor becomes reality:
27-4 regular season record
  3-0 HL tournament

30-4 total record
35 RPI
19-game win streak
10-12 seed

Could see 15 games (self imposed) as making sense.  That's approximately 50% of the season thereabouts.  At that point a full season suspension is REALLY the only alternative and I say roll the dice and welcome back Adekoya!

valpolaw

If it is the 15 game suspension, what game would that put him back at?

valpopal

Quote from: valpolaw on February 04, 2017, 11:32:57 AM
If it is the 15 game suspension, what game would that put him back at?

I believe today at Green Bay is the 15th game Jubril is out. If this 15-game suspension rumor were true, this would bring him back at the next home game Thursday against Cleveland State, perhaps perfect timing since another rumor holds J will be sitting out that game and the next.

M

wh

The only thing Matt talked about on Todd's postgame was how terrible the officiating was, including a backhanded compliment that you have to give GB credit for never fouling despite how physical they play. He sounded very frustrated.

valpo64

Matt should have  called it what it was...lack of effort...period!  Officiating had nothing to do with it.

valpolaw

Anyone have word on Jubril's status for tomorrow?  Hoping to see him back in action.  I think that could be a huge motivating factor for the team going into the final stretch of the season. 

Kyle321n

"In the "Take this for what it's worth" category: Peters was wearing Adekoya's jersey today and Adekoya was wearing Peters' jersey. #HLMBB"

I mean I guess that's a way to get Jubril back into the flow of things and Alec some rest, let Jubril come back and play disguised as Alec.
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer

valpo64

Any rumors today Re:  JA and JS's return?

bbtds

Quote from: valpolaw on February 08, 2017, 07:57:31 AM
Anyone have word on Jubril's status for tomorrow?  Hoping to see him back in action.  I think that could be a huge motivating factor for the team going into the final stretch of the season. 

I heard great news. Jubril will be dressed and ready to play. Whether that includes a Valpo uniform or the warm up gear is not known. I do know he won't be naked.

Oh, did you think I meant Jubril was going to play-----maybe YES, maybe no.

wh

Glad to see the Osipoff and Oren tweets. Whether they get a "no comment" or not, questions should continue to be asked. They should also continue to be posed to Mark L.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on February 09, 2017, 01:12:47 PM

I heard great news. Jubril will be dressed and ready to play. Whether that includes a Valpo uniform or the warm up gear is not known. I do know he won't be naked.

Excellent news, if true. Even a rusty Jubril will have to be defended.  So completely sick of gimmick defenses by crap teams that we would blow out if they had to play honest defense - box-and-1, or 5 defenders guarding 4 players with J/D's man free ranging all over the place.

Kyle321n

Quote from: wh on February 09, 2017, 01:31:19 PM
Quote from: bbtds on February 09, 2017, 01:12:47 PM

Excellent news, if true. Even a rusty Jubril will have to be defended.  So completely sick of gimmick defenses by crap teams that we would blow out if they had to play honest defense - box-and-1, or 5 defenders guarding 4 players with J/D's man free ranging all over the place.

Someone doesn't understand jokes...
Inane Tweeter, Valpo Season Ticket holder, Beer Enjoyer