• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Former Valpo Football Assistant Coach

Started by covufan, February 23, 2017, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUOR63

covufan

Quote from: VUOR63 on February 24, 2017, 04:55:33 PM
When did he coach at Valpo?

Valparaiso (1999–2000)
Wide receivers coach
Bowling Green (2001–2002)
Graduate assistant
Bowling Green (2003–2006)
Wide receivers coach
Central Michigan (2007–2009)
Wide receivers coach
Florida (2010)
Wide receivers coach
Western Kentucky (2011)
Offensive coordinator
Wisconsin (2012)
Wide receivers coach
Tennessee (2013–2016)
Wide receivers coach
Chicago Bears (2017–present)
Wide receivers coach

VULB#62

9 jobs in 17 years. Obviously he can't hold a job. Most HR departments wouldn't even look beyond his resume. Is that right Tex?  ;)

valpotx

I stopped looking at job tenure many years back, especially since I work within the IT side of Talent Acquisition at my company.  Longevity is a thing of the past, unfortunately.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VULB#62

I stand corrected.  Zach Azzanni and football aside (because the FB coaching culture is quite different), but even in the IT industry, of which I was a part for over 25 years, isn't a 9 jobs in 17 years change rate (average tenure = under 2 years per job) one that catches the eye a bit even in high tech? I would think that the next evaluative step is to determine if those changes reflected a steady increase in professional growth (salary, promotions, responsibility, etc.).  Moving from job to job and staying, for instance at a business analyst position or maybe moving up to senior BA over that time and that many changes to me would be a flag.

bbtds

Quote from: VULB#62 on February 24, 2017, 10:01:49 PM
9 jobs in 17 years. Obviously he can't hold a job. Most HR departments wouldn't even look beyond his resume. Is that right Tex?  ;)

The truth behind that is that if you expect longevity in a job you are showing you are an older employee. If you expect that employees moving around from job to job is expected in this day and age that is modern thinking. It is no longer expected because loyalty to an employer is no longer expected.

VULB#62

Quote from: bbtds on February 26, 2017, 04:50:14 PM
Quote from: VULB#62 on February 24, 2017, 10:01:49 PM

The truth behind that is that if you expect longevity in a job you are showing you are an older employee. If you expect that employees moving around from job to job is expected in this day and age that is modern thinking. It is no longer expected because loyalty to an employer is no longer expected.

Not longevity. I get that the idea of 25 years at the same company is a thing of the past. My own history includes a couple of career changes and shifting jobs within those careers.  My point was that 9 company changes over just 17 years ( and btw, staying at the same job title/position without moving up in terms of greater responsibility over that time period ) was pushing the norm even in today's transient work environment. But this is hijacking the thread. Probably don't need to pursue this.

valpotx

It's not as uncommon as you would think.  I have been with SiriusXM for 6+ years now, and it is rare to see that type of stability nowadays.
"Don't mess with Texas"