• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Athletics Scheduling

Started by valpo64, April 15, 2017, 09:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo64

i am very much surprised and very disappointed that Valpo has a Women's Golf meet scheduled on Easter Sunday. One of the most important, if not the most important Christian church holiday in the year.  Sure sends  a poor message, even if it only involves a small number of student athletes.

vu72

Quote from: valpo64 on April 15, 2017, 09:55:23 AM
i am very much surprised and very disappointed that Valpo has a Women's Golf meet scheduled on Easter Sunday. One of the most important, if not the most important Christian church holiday in the year.  Sure sends  a poor message, even if it only involves a small number of student athletes.

Couldn't agree more.  Clearly it is the MOST important Christian celebration.  Unfortunately society has gone blind to it.  Kids regularly have soccer, volleyball, baseball games on Sunday and to them, it is just another.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo64

I agree with your comments, but to me there is NO excuse for VU agreeing to a schedule like this.  Isn't it amazing that VU can agree not to take a half-hour practice time at the Conference Tourney then agree to schedule this golf match on Easter Sunday.  Explain this one Dr. Heckler!  I'm sorry, but there in NO EXCUSE FOR THIS ONE at a faith based university.

Dave_2010

Let's be honest, the odds of those kids being in chapel this morning were slim-to-none anyway...unless their parents showed up and dragged them there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FieldGoodie05

Gentleman, there are only so many weekends in the spring semester for OUTDOOR SPORTS.

Go celebrate Easter your way, they will do it their way.

Dave_2010

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on April 16, 2017, 03:17:57 PM
Gentleman, there are only so many weekends in the spring semester for OUTDOOR SPORTS.

That argument would have more validity if every other Valpo team hadn't managed to clear its schedule.

BYU refuses to play any Sunday games and still manages to function at a higher level than us.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: Dave_2010 on April 16, 2017, 03:48:25 PM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on April 16, 2017, 03:17:57 PM

That argument would have more validity if every other Valpo team hadn't managed to clear its schedule.

BYU refuses to play any Sunday games and still manages to function at a higher level than us.

I suppose my underlining meaning is ....please deal with it.