• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Loyola vs Ball State

Started by vufan75, December 06, 2018, 08:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vufan75

We better come ready to play Monday 12/17 against Ball State. They beat Loyola last night in Chicago 75-69. They will be a strong test for Valpo as we head towards conference play in the MVC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

valpo64

As I have said earlier, Loyola is way over-rated, good but over-rated.  From the looks on TV LU also is having trouble getting people in the seats, and their capacity is slightly less than ours. With ISU laying an egg vs. UIC, it looks like the MVC should be very competitive and fun this year, especially if we can get our act together.  Watch out for SIU.

VUGrad1314

Call me crazy but if SIU can sweep the remainder of its nonconference schedule which includes Murray State and Buffalo and finish 10-3 with UMASS being the only glaring loss and then dominate the MVC but lose in the finals of the tournament I haven't quite given up on multibid status for the MVC.

EddieCabot

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on December 06, 2018, 01:35:03 PM
Call me crazy but if SIU can sweep the remainder of its nonconference schedule which includes Murray State and Buffalo and finish 10-3 with UMASS being the only glaring loss and then dominate the MVC but lose in the finals of the tournament I haven't quite given up on multibid status for the MVC.

I admire your optimism, but don't see it.  SIU already lost to Buffalo at home, so winning at Buffalo is a big ask.  More importantly, the MVC is so balanced this year that no team is going to dominate.  12-6 or 11-7 will win the conference, IMO.

VUGrad1314

Isn't Ball State undefeated against the MVC so far? We need to change that.