• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Misc College Football 2011

Started by vuweathernerd, September 03, 2011, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuweathernerd

created this thread for any random ncaa football discussion over the course of the year.

too early to declare this the longest game of the year? http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312460087
nd-usf - 5h59m, 2 storm delays, 1 evacuation...

...and one more embarassment for nd.

rlh

Purdue won.....Indiana and Notre Dame lost...it is indeed a beautiful day......

sectionee

ND couldn't help but beat themselves with those mistakes today.  I do wonder if the weather they had today would have shown up a few years back before the accident if the game would've kept being stopped.

rlh

If there was lightening...then the answer is yes.  I was at Purdue a couple of years back when they emptied the stands because of lightening.  You really have no choice.

valpo04

Navy beat Delaware 40-17... beautiful, but hot day for football here in Annapolis. 

Nothing like that first September tailgate sunburn each year!

vuweathernerd

boise state beats georgia 35-21 in atlanta. is this finally the year for the broncos to crack the title game code? perhaps with some help in the stronger mountain west conference name behind them?

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpo04 on September 04, 2011, 09:23:14 AM
Navy beat Delaware 40-17... beautiful, but hot day for football here in Annapolis. 

Nothing like that first September tailgate sunburn each year!

i agree, 04. if only that could happen so far north too.

valpo04

Maryland's uniforms!!!

They unvealed a new set a few weeks ago but there was whispers of a "special" uniform for this game...

sectionee

a couple of those are pretty hideous!

valpo04

vuweathernerd

there are definitely some flashy unis. though i don't see what they're actually playing in tonight in that picture.