• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #27 Valpo @ Drake 2/16 2:00pm CST on ESPN3

Started by NativeCheesehead, February 15, 2019, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: tiny707 on February 17, 2019, 10:25:30 PM
I like Freeman, Sackey, Golder, McMillian, and Sorolla for starters Wednesday at this point.

Fazekas first sub?

crusader05

No but Lottich said that he was hit or miss for playing at Drake so I don't think it's that serious.

tiny707

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

EddieCabot

Quote from: VU2014 on February 17, 2019, 11:43:00 PM
Any update on Kiser's "lower body" hockey injury? I was looking at him on the bench during the game and I didn't see a boot or brace. Anyone hear what the injury was?

Broadcasters on Saturday's game referred to it as an ankle injury.  However, I don't know if they were told that or just made an assumption.

VU2014

Valpo's injury list this year:
-Jay Sorolla (ankle)
-Micah Bradford (back - out for the year)
-Ryan Fazekas (ankle)
-Markus Golder (ankle)
-Derrik Smits (back)
-John Kiser (ankle)
-Daniel Sackey (ankle)
-not sure many people know about this but or red-shirt transfer Nick Robinson was dealing some kind of injury to begin the season. He was wearing a walking boot for a while.

Pretty soon we'll need to keep our guys in a bubble to keep them healthy.

https://youtu.be/_SULQSL4Cd0

VULB#62

Do they make uniforms out of bubble wrap?  If so, one set in brown and one in gold please.

M

With all these ankle injuries maybe our shoe contract needs to be revisited.

Smj

I am going to schedule a meeting with the AD to pitch these as the new player uniforms...

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Go V.U. !!!

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VU2010 on February 18, 2019, 05:56:21 PM
Per Lottich, the team can't practice too hard because of the injuries and thus aren't able to be competitive in practice which is flowing into the games lol. I swear the amount of excuses or extent to which they're taken never ceases to amaze me any longer.

An opinion here guys, I wouldn't respect a coach that aired our dirty laundry to the media (or fan base).  He owes us nothing but a competitive team each year.

Ever consider that we strive for a tight knit unit (as a Valpo culture) and that derisive or slanderous statements about individual players achieves nothing?  Sorry, but ISUr coach Dan Muller (sp) putting his star on the spot after losing to us the first time was uncalled for and just as easily splits a team apart as unifies.

The fact that we expect the level of detail or anger that we do just shows we aren't getting it.  Keep it up Lottich.

P.S.  I stopped watching his pressers because he has chosen to keep team beef inside the locker room. Bryce did it before him and Homer before that.  I'd rather have a coach that doesn't make news for anything other than W's.

bbtds

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 18, 2019, 07:04:50 AM
Sackey's injury is progressing nicely.

I'm waiting for the "progressing VERY nicely" by the end of the week.

JD24

Quote from: VU2010 on February 18, 2019, 05:56:21 PMPer Lottich, the team can't practice too hard because of the injuries and thus aren't able to be competitive in practice which is flowing into the games lol. I swear the amount of excuses or extent to which they're taken never ceases to amaze me any longer.
How hard do you think most teams are practicing at this stage of the season?
There are teams which go to a bit of a "boot camp" style during a week break to prepare for tournaments but, for the most part, practices are pretty light at this time of the season.

It's clear that the coach isn't going to give you what you wish in public.

oklahomamick

Should only be free throws, set pieces and shadow play (walk through).  I'm sure ol Gritty himself just wants to keep pounding.  Work hard not smart. 
CRUSADERS!!!

SanityLost17

Quote from: VU2010 on February 18, 2019, 05:56:21 PM
Per Lottich, the team can't practice too hard because of the injuries and thus aren't able to be competitive in practice which is flowing into the games lol. I swear the amount of excuses or extent to which they're taken never ceases to amaze me any longer.

When a hardcore Democrat watches Trump they are searching for anything they can call him out on it. 
When a hardcore Republican watches Pelosi they are searching for anything they can call her out on it.
When Lottich speaks you are currently searching for anything you can call him out on. 

It is not healthy!   

He didn't say anything worth getting angry about in that interview he just pointed out practices have had to be light for a lot of people due to nagging injuries.    I repeat, Lottich is not perfect and everyone sees his flaws, he needs to work on his offensive gameplan, set plays out of timeouts, closing out games, and a few other things.   Keep critical comments to tangible things and look and pray for improvements so we can finish the season strong.   Save the meltdown until after the season is over if one is warranted.   

NativeCheesehead

Agreed Sanity. My problem with Lottich has zero to do with his public statements and 100% to do with on the court results.

tiny707

VUGrad1314

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on February 18, 2019, 06:12:48 PM
Quote from: VU2010 on February 18, 2019, 05:56:21 PMPer Lottich, the team can't practice too hard because of the injuries and thus aren't able to be competitive in practice which is flowing into the games lol. I swear the amount of excuses or extent to which they're taken never ceases to amaze me any longer.
An opinion here guys, I wouldn't respect a coach that aired our dirty laundry to the media (or fan base).  He owes us nothing but a competitive team each year. Ever consider that we strive for a tight knit unit (as a Valpo culture) and that derisive or slanderous statements about individual players achieves nothing?  Sorry, but ISUr coach Dan Muller (sp) putting his star on the spot after losing to us the first time was uncalled for and just as easily splits a team apart as unifies. The fact that we expect the level of detail or anger that we do just shows we aren't getting it.  Keep it up Lottich. P.S.  I stopped watching his pressers because he has chosen to keep team beef inside the locker room. Bryce did it before him and Homer before that.  I'd rather have a coach that doesn't make news for anything other than W's.

Now if only he could find some W's.