• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #4 - Southeastern Louisiana Lions @ ARC 11/19/17 3PM Savannah Invitational

Started by talksalot, November 15, 2017, 03:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Here's what lacks etiquette:

A coach who leaves 3 starters in to the bitter end in a game you're losing by 25 points. If the losing coach refuses to concede the game by pulling his starters, the winning team has every right to keep attacking the basket - with starters if so desired. Yet, this knucklehead kept his starters In the game to go against the end of Valpo's bench, obviously hoping to close the gap a bit on easy, half-contested layups and make a humiliating loss look a little less humiliating. Instead, Valpo's subs, to their credit, played aggressive defense and hit a few clutch shots down the stretch and widened the lead.

Now let's talk common sense. Only a complete idiot risks injury to his starters by keeping them in to the end of a 25-point loss.

Now let's talk maturity. Only someone with a born-and-bred victim's mentality would have the audacity to bitch to an opposing coach about one of the end of their bench subs shooting a 3 at the end of the game against his starters.

Bottom line - the guy is a complete loser. I can just picture him at Thanksgiving at his house telling his sister-in-law how she could have kept her homemade dinner rolls warmer in transit so his butter pat would melt easier.

vu72

Quote from: wh on November 20, 2017, 08:45:26 PM
Here's what lacks etiquette:

A coach who leaves 3 starters in to the bitter end in a game you're losing by 25 points. If the losing coach refuses to concede the game by pulling his starters, the winning team has every right to keep attacking the basket - with starters if so desired. Yet, this knucklehead kept his starters In the game to go against the end of Valpo's bench, obviously hoping to close the gap a bit on easy, half-contested layups and make a humiliating less look a little less humiliating. Instead, Valpo's subs, to their credit, played aggressive defense and hit a few clutch shots down the stretch and widened the lead.

Now let's talk common sense. Only a complete idiot risks injury to his starters by keeping them in to the end of a 25-point loss.

Now let's talk maturity. Only someone with a born-and-bread victim's mentality would have the audacity to bitch to an opposing coach about one of the end of their bench subs shooting a 3 at the end of the game against his starters.

Bottom line - the guy is a complete loser. I can just picture him at Thanksgiving at his house telling his sister-in-law how she could have kept her homemade dinner rolls warmer in transit so his butter pat would melt easier.

Wow!  Had to laugh, but still, pretty brutal!   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

ml2

For anyone interested in end of game etiquette check out this great blog post from Ken Pomeroy.

https://kenpom.com/blog/the-evolution-of-end-game-customs/

Lots of great examples from the pre- and early shot clock era where there was no problem with playing out until the final whistle and adding a meaningless dunk or alley-oop at the end of the game. Over the last 20 years or so things have changed a lot.

wh

True story. I had this dream last night. In the dream my wife and I went over to our daughter's house for a family Thanksgiving dinner. We brought a gift with us as a token of our appreciation for them hosting the entire family for Thanksgiving. When everyone was assembled in the dining room, I handed it to my son-in-law. He immediately unboxed it and held it up. Much to everyone's surprise (including mine), it was a Christmas wreath with Southeast Louisiana University's logo superimposed on the face. Both my S-I-L and daughter graciously thanked us, after which my S-I-L stuffed it into his turkey fryer and deep fried it. End of dream.

Now I'm Pharaoh looking for a Joseph to interpret this for me. Any thoughts?

justducky

Quote from: wh on November 24, 2017, 10:42:43 AMNow I'm Pharaoh looking for a Joseph to interpret this for me. Any thoughts?

:o.  You should start going to bed on an empty stomach!

VU2014

Quote from: wh on November 24, 2017, 10:42:43 AM
True story. I had this dream last night. In the dream my wife and I went over to our daughter's house for a family Thanksgiving dinner. We brought a gift with us as a token of our appreciation for them hosting the entire family for Thanksgiving. When everyone was assembled in the dining room, I handed it to my son-in-law. He immediately unboxed it and held it up. Much to everyone's surprise (including mine), it was a Christmas wreath with Southeast Louisiana University's logo superimposed on the face. Both my S-I-L and daughter graciously thanked us, after which my S-I-L stuffed it into his turkey fryer and deep fried it. End of dream.

Now I'm Pharaoh looking for a Joseph to interpret this for me. Any thoughts?

While reading this you should be listening to this  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U

bbtds

Quote from: wh on November 24, 2017, 10:42:43 AMNow I'm Pharaoh looking for a Joseph to interpret this for me. Any thoughts?

If your significant other is cheating on you in your dreams, it doesn't necessarily mean he or she is doing the same in real life, but it does mean you're thinking about it. It means you're upset about it -- consciously or unconsciously -- throughout the day.

It means something is wrong and you must figure out why before your relationship gets to a point at which you're no longer dreaming about a broken relationship, but living through one.

The same can be said with any of our relationships. If our relationship with our mother isn't going well, it will come out through a nightmare or symbols that represents that fractured relationship.

There are common symbols in dreams, like losing your teeth, which represents sexual repression and fear of being alone. Or drowning, which symbolizes feeling emotionally overwhelmed and depleted. These symbols are studied so we can figure out what our unconscious mind is trying to tell us.

While we have symbols for everything else, we don't have symbols for those faces and names we see every day in our conscious world that show up in our dream one. That's because there is no explanation needed. If someone is showing up in your sleeping mind, it's because that person is meant to be there.

If you are dreaming about that person, you are thinking about him or her. And if you are reflecting on that person, pining after and dreaming of him or her unconsciously then maybe, just maybe, you should take it a little more seriously and ask yourself why that person is there.

I think you are dreaming of your S-I-L and daughter because you have a resentment against them. You feel like you should figuratively beat them like Valpo beat up on Southeastern Louisiana.